0 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2012 7:53 AM by XcaliberGT

Acrobat 10.1.3 PDF/X-4 Verify Conformance Failures

XcaliberGT

As this thread's title suggests, my issue is focused on creating "Acrobat 10.1.3 PDF/X-4 Conformance Compliant PDFs."

GOOD: When I create two (2) single page Acrobat 10.1.3 PDFs (page 1 and page 2 generated from two (2) Illustrator CS5 files), and click on the "Verify Conformance..." link present in both PDFs, I receive a "verification succeeded" message.

BAD: After I "Insert Pages: Insert from File," and add the second page behind the first page, I run the same "Verify Conformance..." test for the combined/consolidated file (as I did for the two (2) individual pages). This usually returns a "verification failed" message. This occurs despite the fact that both individual/separate PDFs receive "verification succeeded" messages. Furthermore, when I open the "Preflight" window, the displayed results are error-free (not even a warning).

Also, for the odd occasion that my two (2) page consolidated PDF passes the "Verify Conformance" tests, I then attempt to customize this consolidated PDF specifying "Page Layout: Single Page" and "Magnification: Fit Page." Upon saving it, and running "Verify Conformance..." again, I receive the message, "verification failed." When I do a "Preflight check on this failed PDF, I again see no errors or warnings.

Comments: This never occurred in any of the previous versions of Acrobat X that I've used (last version being 10.1.2). My current workaround is sending two (2) separate PDFs (page 1 and page 2) to our commercial printer versus a single, consolidated PDF (that I've always sent in the past).

Thanks in advance for any ideas or insights that can be offered regarding this issue? Hopefully, I'm not the only user that this is happening to.

Best regards,
      XcaliberGT