10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2017 4:01 PM by David_Bibby

Australian Pricing includes GST or not?

nawdzy

Is the australian price 62.99 including GST?

As the site suggest it is however at check out it says includes '0%' tax?

• 1. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
          David__B Adobe Employee

I think this is a typo, if you hit the pre-order button it then says ex GST, which I believe is correct. I reported the issue to get it fixed. Thanks for pointing it out, sorry about the confusion.

-Dave

• 2. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
            nawdzy Level 1

So does this mean each month will be charged via overseas segment of Adobe for the amount 62.99?

Or will it be charged through an Australian leg of adobe with gst added meaning $69.30(incGST) Will be charged each month?

• 3. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
              David__B Adobe Employee

$69.30(inc GST) per month through the Australian segment of Adobe.

• 4. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
                Susan S. Level 1

The downloaded standalone products in the Australian store manage to avoid GST, presumably  because they are downloading from the overseas servers. ( I can't see why if it's coming from US servers, they can avoid paying GST but still charge us a massive premium on the US price on downloaded products, but that's another issue!) .

I would thus have expected the creative cloud subscription to not attract GST as it's a download - So I would expect to be charged $62.99 . But Adobe's Australian pricing is weird and wonderful so who knows? (eg the upgrade price for standalone Illustrator CS6  has gone up substantially and is close to double the US price, while the photoshop CS6 upgrade has about the same price differential relative to the US that CS5 did)

• 5. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
                  easteraries

Reporting prices without GST included in Australia is acutally illegal. I have reported your website to the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission.

• 6. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
                    davidw53049161

David_B, if we are now going to be charged by the Australian segment of Adobe, does this mean that the credit card transaction will no longer indicate that is originating in Ireland, and so the transaction will no longer incur the overseas transaction fee?  I hope so.  If this is not the case when can  we Australians be given the option to pay by PayPal, as is the case in most of the world?

• 7. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
                      ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

nawdzy  wrote

Is the australian price 62.99 including GST?

As the site suggest it is however at check out it says includes '0%' tax?

Formerly, Adobe did not collect GST for subscription purchases in Australia and New Zealand. However, starting last fall, the company was required to start collecting GST for online purchases, on behalf of the Australian and NZ governments. For more details, see:

Here’s Why Some Creative Cloud Subscription Prices Are Changing

Note that all annual subscriptions renewing in Oz/NZ throughout 2017 will see this tax begin to be collected at the time of renewal... So, for example, if your CC subscription renews every May, you will only begin to pay the GST starting in May 2017.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
                        David_Bibby

Emails I have received indicate that GST was applied from 1st of December 2016 for Australian customers. Please explain why this is the case when the law does not come into effect until 1st of July 2017? It seems to me that you (Adobe) have illegally charged 7 months worth of GST to boost your profit margin.

Not happy. I think that the ATO and ACCC might like to be made aware of this situation.

• 9. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
                          ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The GST definitely does not boost anyone's profit margin. This is a tax that goes to the government's pockets, not to Adobe.

The Aus. gov't has asked companies to comply for some time now – and by (before) July 2017, not on 1 July 2017.

It's certainly not illegal; on the contrary actually... Feel free to contact the ATO or ACCC if you like.

• 10. Re: Australian Pricing includes GST or not?
                            David_Bibby Level 1

The charging of GST on imports and overseas purchases of less than $1000 does not come in to effect until July 2018 (correction to my earlier post). If Adobe is charging GST earlier than this (as they are), then they must be acting as if they are operating within Australia? Correct? Then why am I being charged a foreign exchange fee? Sorry, but this is simply not fair.