0 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2012 4:50 PM by VideoGuyOKC

Project gone bad! Won't render previews

VideoGuyOKC

I've been working on a project for a couple of days, which has several :30 spots on a timeline. It worked great for two days and I opened it to export one of the spots, which worked fine. Ten minutes later I tried to export another spot, which was at the end of the timeline, and the system would no longer render previews of any of them.

If I copy and paste the clips into another project or sequence, they still have the same problem. It acts like it's rendering the first 25-30 frames very quickly, then it just stops and either freezes Premiere completely, or I have to cancel the render. Whatever is wrong seems to follow the pasted groups of clips into any other Premiere project, but I can use the same clips in a new project and everything is fine. i really don't want to start from scratch on the whiole project!

I can paste the edited group of clips (11 layers) for each spot into After Effects, and they render out just fine. Playback also will only play back a couple of seconds before stopping - only on this project, and it doesn't seem to matter if I make a new sequence with an Adobe preset, or use a Blackmagic preset.

I have many other projects that work fine and use the same kinds of media from the same hard drives. This particular project won't even render a preview of a single known-good clip on the timeline. Any ideas? Is there some kind of folder or file permissions that's changed, somewhere in the depths of the OS?

Also, I deleted preferences, preview files, media cache files and the media database cache without any effect. The Auto-Saved projects from the day before (when it was working fine) also have the same problems.

Premiere Pro CS5.5, Win 7 64bit, 12GB RAM, 3.2GHz quad-core CPU

Thanks for any help!!