7 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 4:08 PM by recumbentjohn RSS

Auto Analizer stops

recumbentjohn

Elements Organizer 10 Auto analizer stops working. I see messages: CAHeadless Debug Event or CAHeadless has encountered an error [..\..\APT\APTDescriptorWorkItem.Cpp-71]

• 1. Re: Auto Analizer stops
          Steve Grisetti CommunityMVP

At what point does it stop?

When it's analyzing your entire hard drive? An individual folder of files? When you manually auto-analyze a clip? While you are capturing video from your camcorder?

What model of camcorder did the video come from and what format and resolution is it?

Where on your computer is the file(s) you're analyzing located?

• 2. Re: Auto Analizer stops
            recumbentjohn Community Member

Premiere Elements 10 Auto Analyzer stops

At what point does it stop?

The point of stoppage varies. Sometime near the beginning of the process when I select a clip to be analyzed (near zero percent on the indicator). Sometimes an hour later near high percentages (70% - 95%).

When it's analyzing your entire hard drive?

I have not initiated a full hard drive analyze. Just doing a few clips at a time can take up to 24 hours to complete.

An individual folder of files?

Either individual folders containing 2 to 12 clips or individual files it will stall (stop).

When you manually auto-analyze a clip?

Yes, I manually start auto-analyze. To my knowledge I haven’t seen indications of auto analyze running in the back ground and being self initiated.

While you are capturing video from your camcorder?

No, I manually transfer clips to the hard drive using the OS so that I can maintain my file structure.

What model of camcorder did the video come from and what format and resolution is it?

I use a Sanyo Xacti HD VPC-WH1. A small but rugged unit that fits my application of recreational shooting. Format is HD-SHQ 1280 X 720 30fps SHQ.

Where on your computer is the file(s) you're analyzing located?

Good question. My new Dell dunning Windows 7 has a solid state drive only for speed and power consumption. I use an external USB hard drive to store my data. I have tried moving clips to the on-board S.S. drive prior to auto-analyze but the results did not improve, just as slow and unreliable.

Thanks for the interest Steve.

• 3. Re: Auto Analizer stops

Your video from that camcorder are likely MP4s using the Xacti's proprietary codec.

This format is not well supported by Premiere Elements, and it's pretty likely the codec is choking the auto analyzer too.

The ideal formats for working in Premiere Elements are the standard camcorder codecs of miniDV, HDV and AVCHD. Performance with other formats can be much iffier.

It's possible someone else has found success working with this format. But, for the most part, it's not really a good fit for this program.

• 4. Re: Auto Analizer stops

Thank You Steve,

But I still need a solution. Convert my clips to standard camcorder codecs, new camera, new program? Contact Adobe, contact Sanyo? Help me out here.

John

• 5. Re: Auto Analizer stops

If that camcorder came with editing software, it would be your best solution.

Otherwise, I would recommend you look to another program for editing this file format.

• 6. Re: Auto Analizer stops
                    PRE_help Adobe Employee

When this happens, could you please enable the logs and send the log file to us? The steps for enabling the logs are as below:

Open Task Manager and right click on the instance of ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe and select "End Process Tree". option. Then make the following changes to the registry.

1. Go to Start->Run

2. Type in "regedit" (without the quotes) and press Enter

3. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Elements Organizer\10.0\CAHeadless

4. Go to the CAHeadless folder and right click on an empty space on the right and select New->DWORD(32-bit) Value and name it "LogEnabled" and set the value to 1.

5. When done right, the CAHeadless.log will be created at "%appdata%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\10.0\CAHeadless\" location

We will also be interested in the file that causes this issue. Is it possible you could share it with us? Please reply to prehelp@adobe.com with the log file..

• 7. Re: Auto Analizer stops

Yes, I'll try to follow your instructions to help you help me.

I do want the product to work properly, we'll both benefit.

I'll review your instructions for logging data.

John