1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2012 6:05 AM by Colin Brougham

these shortcuts

naluwes

Howdy,

Been working my way through the Premier CS6 shortcuts.  Some great stuff available.

However have a few I'm wondering how I can achieve.  Any ideas or answers??

Without reaching for the mouse how can I

1. highlight the video clip on the timeline where the playhead currently sits

2. highlight the gap where the playhead sits

\i.e. how can I 'close gap' without using the mouse to highlight that gap

And

3. the extract shortcut allows me to set and in/out then extract - is there a way I can set the in and out and extract the video from that clip before and after the in and out

i.e. delete the media outside of the in and out

Any ideas let me know!

thx in advance

cheers

wes

• 1. Re: these shortcuts
          Colin Brougham Level 6

1. highlight the video clip on the timeline where the playhead currently sits

Do you want to "highlight" as in select or as in mark with an in and out? You can't do the first; the latter is done with the Mark Clip (Shift+/) shortcut. Track targetting is subject to this command.

2. highlight the gap where the playhead sits

\i.e. how can I 'close gap' without using the mouse to highlight that gap

Unfortunately, gaps don't respond to the aforementioned Mark Clip command. They do respond to Mark Selection (/), but that's not what you wanted--you want to do this without selecting the gap. Do make a feature request.

3. the extract shortcut allows me to set and in/out then extract - is there a way I can set the in and out and extract the video from that clip before and after the in and out

i.e. delete the media outside of the in and out

Nay; 'tis why they call it "editing"