1 person found this helpful
This is very reminiscent of a thread from last year where a hyperlink on one or two pages of a PDF picked up all of the text from the page. My recollection is that no solution was found in that case, but my first suggestion to you would be to export to .idml and open that, then try again. See Remove minor corruption by exporting
Are you sure ID is making the link, and not Acrobat or Reader -- both of which by default try to make links of what they think look like links? Unfortunately, they often guess wrong. You cannot make your readers change this setting in their viewer, but you can have ID make a real link, and pass it on to the PDF during export.
Peter - I will look at that thread from last year about exporting to .idml
David - I didn't even consider it was Adobe/Reader that was creating the link and not InDesign.. After several tries creating correct links.. it worked!!
**Edited: Realized why it took a few tries. If I didn't check off to include hyperlinks when creating a PDF (accidentally forgot) it would automatically revert to the old/wrong link.**
Thanks for your timely help! We have dealing with the problem for a couple weeks and couldn't figure it out.
Message was edited by: doodles444s