8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2012 1:16 PM by xavus2012

Adobe CS6 Sequence artifacts problems

kaljack22

Hey,

Just downloaded the CS6 trial.  I know its early days but having some issues when adding clips to the sequence that is making it impossible to edit.

Once I have a few clips on the sequence and I zoom in and out, although it zooms the graphic representations of the clips get frozen/doesnt refresh.  I have to open another sequence (or use some other part of the graphical interface) for it to unfreeze/refresh the timeline.  Anyone know if its possible to fix this?

I'm on snow leopard and although my graphics card isnt support (Nvidia 8800 GT) it would be a shame if I'm forced to buy another graphics card to get this to work.

Thanks in advance,

• 1. Re: Adobe CS6 Sequence artifacts problems
          kaljack22 Level 1

Sorry to bump this but I could really use some input on this. 

• 2. Re: Adobe CS6 Sequence artifacts problems
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am Win7 not Mac... but in general, you don't provide much information

More information needed for someone to help... click these links and provided the requested information

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

• 3. Re: Adobe CS6 Sequence artifacts problems
              kaljack22 Level 1
              • What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).

CS6

No updates.

• What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

Mac OSX 10.6.8

• What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".

R3D

• If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

No error message. When I zoom in out and out, the sequence graphics freeze, I have to load another sequence to reload it, but same happens again on zoom or scrolling the timeline. 

• What were you doing when the problem occurred?

As explained above

• Has this ever worked before?

In CS5.5

• What other software are you running?
              • Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

None

• Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).

8 Core Intel Mac with 12 Gb of Memory.  Nvidia 8800 GT

Yes

• Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?

Specific to the sequence

Cheers,

• 4. Re: Adobe CS6 Sequence artifacts problems
                kaljack22 Level 1

I can confirm that the issue can be worked round by minimising all the audio channels. 

• 5. Re: Adobe CS6 Sequence artifacts problems
                  davidp158 Level 1

I'm having problems with screen redraw issues in both CS6 Premiere Pro and CS6 After Effects. CS5 and CS5.5 don't have either of these redraw issues, so I tend to think this is a bug in CS6. Below is my system info and bug report info.

CS6 Premiere Pro 6.0.1 (MC: 264587)

6-core MacPro5,1

16GB RAM

OSX 10.6.8

ATI  Radeon HD 5870 video card

Permissions repaired and disks checked (ONXY & Disk Warrior)

******BUG******

Concise problem statement: Motion panel keyframe and text redraw becomes corrupt whenever I open it.

Steps to reproduce bug:

1. Apply keyframes to an item in the motion panel. Close motion panel.

2. Reopen motion panel, or if motion panel is already open, click on any item that has keyframes.

Results: Text, keyframe icons and curves data appear upside down and backwards!

Note: Clicking within the motion panel immediately redraws the data in the correct orientation.

Expected results: Obviously, one would expect all screen data to not be corrupt. This does not happen in CS5 or CS5.5 Premiere Pro. I can't say if this is a screen redraw error, as the corruption only happens within the motion panel area.

• 6. Re: Adobe CS6 Sequence artifacts problems
                    Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Please don't double-post.  I deleted your other one because it was off-topic for that thread.

Jeff

• 7. Re: Adobe CS6 Sequence artifacts problems
                      davidp158 Level 1

Jeff - Sorry about that. I was just trying to contribute more info to that discussion about screen redraw issues.

Is it appropriate to post this screen grab (below) of my screen redraw issue, even though its about the motion panel instead of sequence artifacts? Or, should I start a new post? I don't want to be off topic, but it seems that CS6 has a lot of screen redraw problems, and so I can't tell if my post is related or not. I don't mean to muddy the waters, but maybe these things are related...

Please advise, and I'll gladly comply.

Motion-panel-redraw-bug_SM.jpg

Message was edited by: davidp158

• 8. Re: Adobe CS6 Sequence artifacts problems
                        xavus2012

I am experiencing the same problems after upgrading from CS5.5 last week.

Premiere/Dreamweaver/Photoshop all have extreme screen redraw failures.

Dreamweaver

Windows 7 Pro

GeForce GTX580