• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 10.3 Automatic Upgrade a Disaster

New Here ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player 10.3 upgrade is a worldwide disaster -- I am losing money every second because Flash screens now appears in the upper left-hand corner of the browser screen -- the user experience is ruined until Adobe finds the time to properly test a new upgrade release -- leave it to the "rookies" at Adobe to release a software upgrade that automatically loads, but then does not work -- the CEO at Adobe should commit suicide and let someone with better supervisory skills take over -- what a disaster -- time is money, and Adobe obviously could care less about my business given that they would allow an untested "ungrade" to load onto computers worldwide with such callous indifference to the implications to its customers -- we are witnessing "amateur hour" at Adobe...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 10.3 works fine on all my systems.

If you want help (this is what this forum is for), then you need to post all the details.

If you came here just to rant, then you are wasting everybody's time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is solved...

Message was edited by: McKibbinUSA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"For the record, I had a real problem here, which I had to solve myself -  your efforts at marginalizing other peoples' technical problems is  unwelcome -- my solution is posted under my complaint..."

Hopefully that wasn't directed at me. I was simply trying to say that the 10.3 upgrade caused more than one problem, which I too had to figure out on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My automatic upgrade did not move where vidoes were located, I could not see them (only a whit- in most case- or black box- in a few cases).

I spent three days trying to search my computer for a trojan, virus, etc., then came here and noticed a lot of people are having problems with the 10.3 update. Some fixed themselves 'magically.'

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, several times, with 10.2, 9, but no luck. Other users tried the same thing. I just restored to a previous point before the update, went to a site with video and at first I didn't think it worked, but when I went to another site videos are now showing up- even on the first site I tried.

I am truning off automatic updates until I know for sure the bug is fixed, which I am not sure how I will know, don't have time to keep checking here. I already losy 4-5 days of work because I do video, mobile, and social media consulting and being able to see videos is a big part of my business.

Now I need to figure out which programs need to be installed again, some were installed after the restore point and I found on is now 'corrupt' but was just working before I restored.

At least I can see videos now, i'll fix the rest.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution to my problem (per my ranting in the original post above) -- the solution is to open Internet Explorer IE9, click on "Tools", then go to "Advanced", then ensure that "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" is checked (this is different from another post that said the box should be unchecked) -- once I checked this box, IE9 began working as designed with Flash Player 10.3 -- hope this helps everyone -- I feel sorry for the millions of IE9 users who are suffering the "hit and run" upgrade installation from Adobe -- again, the solution outlined here is working for me -- best of luck! --William McKibbin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for posting this. IE9 had several changes and I am aware of some, but since I don't use it wasn't aware of this.

I've forwarded your info to Chris Campbell, one of the Flash Player Team.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi McKibbin,

As eidnolb said, thanks for taking the time and posting both the problem you encountered and the solution that worked for you.  To help us better understand what might be going on (and to see if we can reproduce it internally), could you provide us with a dxdiag report and a sample URL that caused a problem for your system?

It's interesting that you had to disable gpu acceleration in IE, did you previously try disabling it in the flash player settings?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone effected with this issue please provide us with a dxdiag report and a sample URL that illustrates the problem?  Please feel free to post on this thread or you can email me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I sent you an email regarding the information you requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about a report, but I can describe the issue I had with flash player 10.3. I did not have any problems until I downloaded and installed version 10.3. Immediatly after install of 10.3, I opened Internet explorer 9 and noticed that the flash content on most web sites that I use, would display in the upper left corner of the screen, and each time I moved the mouse, the content would flicker. You couldn't do anything with the flash content. There was a few sites where there wasn't a problem, but on about 90% of the web sites with flash content that I use, this problem cropped up over and over. It was only after coming here did someone suggest to me to uncheck the use software rendering instead of gpu rendering in Internet explorer 9 that the problem disappeared and everything returned to normal. And as you can see, there are a lot of other folks here with the same problem I had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much - Problem solved - Wife laptop fixed now I can get on 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find "Advanced" under my IE9 TOOLS bar....?

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Start, type Internet Options in the search box, click Internet Options, click the Advanced tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO  much....I followed your directions, and all seems well.  I appreciate your quick response.

Does this have to be un-done at some time in the future?

I mean, the setting was unchecked all this time, and I was fine.

Might the Adobe update be fixed, thus messing up those who did this?

Are we presumed to have that "GPU rendering" (whatever that means) unchecked normally?

I'm happy this is fixed, but wondering if checking that box might provoke another problem in the future?

Sorry to sound so worried, but my experience has been...if something can go wrong on here, it will!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting of GPU rendering feature depends very much on your video adapter, as well as its device driver version.

For the average user, just leave the setting as it is, as long as everything functions normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. see also this post for more details

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/853591

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, flash adverts especially. They appear in the top left corner, and only since I

updated to 10.3, only a few minutes ago. It could be an issue with explorer 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems!  This is making me miserable, it happens on my email, on Facebook, on YouTube, and every site I go to.

I feel like it is stroke or seizure-inducing....and I can't make it stop.

I've had IE9 for months with no problem.  As soon as I downloaded the Adobe update on Sunday, this has been going on.

Please help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually having the same problem since I downloaded the active x adobe 10.3 update and my internet starting acting crazy i could not check my email because ads kept flickering on my page, one of the posts on this thread suggested that I change my advanced settings and restarted my computer and everything seems to be working fine. I ran multiple virus scans before I put two in two together that it was a windows update that was causing this problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can someone help - I've spent a whole afternoon on this!!   I've used the link above to uninstall 10.3, but how do I install version 10.2 from a zipped file??  I'm no computer expert (hence it's taken me hours to get this far) so what do I do now?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get 10.2 I would love to be able to

install that. Sorry I cant help I have been up all night trying to fix this and then find out I can't. IDK how to unzip it but I wish I had it to try. good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kiwigirl11, Did you get your issue resolved?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well sort of.

I uninstalled version 10.3 but couldn't work out how to download and install version 10.2. So I've reinstalled version 10.3 and ticked the box for 'use software rendering instead of GPU rendering' under accelerated graphics, as someone advised on this thread.

Do you think this is okay or should I go back to installing version 10.2 if someone can tell me how (I have the files but don't know what to do with them).

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines