• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11 update on Android 3.1 not recognised by any apps/programs

Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear madam, sir,

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet with Android 3.1 and Adobe  Flash preinstalled. I was prompted to update to Flash 11, but after installing ver 11, none of the apps or internetsites using Flash is able to find and use Flash. When I open the Flash app, the tablet wants to connect to an Adobe service centre, but that connection is never established and the screen remains black. Uninstalling ver 11 is possible, but that does not solve the problem. (re)Installing ver 11 after prior uninstalling does not solve the problem either. I can not delete the app alltogether, presumably as it was preinstalled on the tablet.

Please advise, many thanks in advance,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try everything here?  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4004592#4004592

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly my problem ...also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I got it to work on a Samsung Galaxy with Android:

1. Load the browser.
  2. At the top right hand corner of your screen is the menu button which looks like 3 horizontal lines on top of each other with an arrowhead pointing down to the right
  3. Select "Settings"
  4. Select "Advanced"
  5. Set "Enable plug-ins" to "Always on"
  6. Turn off the "Block pop-up tabs  (sorry, but probably it was either this step or step 5 that did the trick, but I did them both, so don't know which did the trick)
  7. Go back to the page which gave you the option to "Update Adobe Flash"

Hope this does the trick for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was even easier than that. I simply uninstalled the browser I was using, and went back to pre-installed browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I've tried what Hitimo Kudo said, what SolarMike said, and what chuckiesq said, I'm getting absolutely nothing. I'm attempting to use it on both firefox and browser. and I get no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich,

Are you referring to the desktop or mobile version of Flash Player?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Firefox as my browser. It doesn't work together with Flash Player. After removing Firefox, I have NO problem using Flash Player II with my Android 3.1

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I too am having problems with flash not playing on my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab,it initally worked when I went to play online video, but stopped. I have uninstalled updates to factory version, attempted to uninstall, but the OS linux 2.6.36.3 (32 Bit), Browser Safari, Flash Player:11.1.111.9, only updates latest versionas above when requires 11.2.202.235, but it won't downlad? I Have spent hours on this and very disappointed my experience has tainted...please help. oh, javascripton, plug ins enabled. I have also tried using firefox,. Any help here would be fantastic. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zep, are you using linux or Android on your Galaxy tab?  I'm not sure I understand your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, well the tablet is android but when I do a test through adobe to see what os it is running it says Linux as described above. I'm sorry I don't understand further than that (it is beyond my experience). My problem is flash is not updating to the determined upgrade your own site tells me I require 11.2.202.235, and I am not able to play video content and enjoy 'my full flash experience.' I have read similar problems, but no definitive solution. As I explained I have enabled all necessary things, uninstalled, and installed  anything to see if that will help- to no result. The factory browser installed allowed it to work initally, and I usually use Firefox so downloaded that app, then flash would not play on either browser plus there were white question marks, surrounded by blue boxes in place of image thumbnails. I also uninstalled Firefox and this did not help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zep,

Ok, I think I understand now.  Some users have changed their tablet to use another operating system and I wanted to check to see if you've done that.  Can you go to the Google Play Store (Android market) and download and install Flash from there?  This FAQ might also help:

Why is Flash Player not working on my Android tablet or phone?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

No I haven't changed the operating system on the tablet, as far as I'm concerned it's an android tablet- but your detection page tells me it's running Linux. I wouldn't even know that you could change the operating system let alone anything to do with Linux.

As for your suggestion to follow the above thread, I have done that already with no success?

Thanks

Zep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all my searching, I finally found something that worked. The site that you have a problem with , change http: to https: it worked immediatel šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

need to check with you guys. i am experiencing some prob with my galaxy note 10.1. i cant seem to load and streaming videos on the browser despite having to download the adobe flash player. i have tried all kinds of adobe. but it still doesnt word. pls help.!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@sherwinchwh - did you try the suggestions in the FAQ linked above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines