• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Payment Gateway Alternatives

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an eCommerce client that supplies U.S. law enforcement with various equipment, including firearms. I can't seem to find a payment gateway within BC that is willing to work with businesses that sell firearms ... not PayPal and not Authorize.net.  One alternative that I have come across is the use of an Authorize.net emulator ... which requires you to redirect payment transactions to a different URL during check-out.  There is no standard way to do this in the BC payment gateway setup. Is this possible? Does anyone have any other ideas?  Anyone aware of a payment gateway that will do business with legitimate firearm dealers?

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 13, 2013 Jul 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could call or email the NRA... I'm sure they have some preferred payment partners they work with but I'm not sure the gateway till be supported on BC but you could get a list and see if BC can integrate one of the gateways.

I don't envy you-- I'm sure besides the closed doors there are a lot of regulations you need to adhere to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen BC implement a new payment gateway in over 5 years so you know.

There has been changes and tweask to existing ones, ones that have gone and come back. But no real new ones like this that have a bit more to them.

One of the big things where less and less banks will work with BC is 3d secure and BC by the end of the year may loose most of the payment gateway options, or at least have them but no bank will work with the payment gateway options. It is something BC has to find the time to build support for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something BC doesn't need to find time for but needs to MAKE TIME! I understand  they are busy with the AWS migration but that shouldn't be much longer and afterwards I would love to see time dedicated to improving the Payment Gateway options.

I work with a merchant account provider who will handle accounts like Firearms and other "high risk" accounts. The problem is I can really only use Authorize.net or PayPal. (I am in the US). Why is BC so limited? At least allow us to use an Authorize.net emulator that we can configure to work with a payment gateway that uses an Authorize.net emulator. This would solve some issues..

I love BC and build exclusively on BC because of everything BC has to offer. However, the merchant account provider I work with recently said to me, "You may want to look into other systems like Shopify or Megento. They work with the payment gateway that will handle these type of accounts." Am I going to have to do this? I do not want to, but if BC cannot add what is required in todays market then I have to consider this option.

I sent Greg a PM and have given him the name of the merchant account provider I work with but I doubt he will be able to use him with BC for Firearms. 

@Liam - What do you mean by the following statement?

One of the big things where less and less banks will work with BC is 3d secure and BC by the end of the year may loose most of the payment gateway options, or at least have them but no bank will work with the payment gateway options.

What is changing that banks won't work with BC?

@trickster - You are right. Firearms have many regulations for selling online. For instance you must ship to a legal firearms dealer in the same city, you cannot ship directly to the customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just google 3D secure Lynda.

The thing is you got to look at doing it the right way. The right way is to make it so you can setup/plugin your own payment gateway of choice. Where you have or setup a file that will allow you to do the business with BC etc and your chosen payment gateway.

Then you do not have to wait for BC, you just do it yourself.

But considering the nature of this it has to be secure and meet the high PCI compliance standards BC has. So that is no easy thing to do. You got to find the time to do it and when do you do this along with all the other things everyone wants.

BC is slow, they have to accept they are too slow at producing things considering the talent and size of the team they have. But from our side we also have to respect the work involved and what Adobe took on and what is the right way of doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam, that was awesome! Thank you for the ideas and info and I shall do as your wisdom suggests, Sir.

I understand about the time but I consider Payment Gateways pretty high on the list. If I cannot accept payment's through an eCommerce store because I cannot find a payment gateway that will work with my (legitimate) business then this defeats the point of the entire system (assuming I am build an eCommerce site).

I would love the ability to implement our own Payment Gateways as well as understanding there is no quick fix, currently. BRAVO! For all the growth of Business Catalyst and Adobe. It's all good, no doubts. 

Also I know Mario and Eddy, aka Two Blokes with a Postie, can use their services and BCs API to use any payment gateway but this adds additional cost that many clients are not willing to pay. We need better options for Payment Gateways BC!

Well, I certainly hope I feel better, dumping that rant. =D (cheesy grin)

Lynda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That you for the suggestion.  We have a list of Merchant Banks that work with NRA business ... but not a single payment gateway they use appears to work with Business Catalyst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try EprocessingNetwork up in BC?  They allow firearms down here in the US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EprocessingNetwork isn't a supported gateway by BC.

I work with a Merchant Account Provider who deals with "high risk" accounts and can work with BC.

If any assistance is needed for anyone in the future please contact me by PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you basically confirmed EprocessingNetwork's Authorize Emulator doesn't work with BC. I have that very question on a new project I am working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda, I tried to send you a pm, but the system would not allow me to. I have a potential client that is looking at using BC... as long as I can work the high risk merchant services end of the equation. I would love to talk you further. If you could please send me a private message I would be grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sent you a PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines