Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Popping sound when watching youtube videos since 11.2

Mar 27, 2012 11:44 PM

Tags: #youtube #video #pop #11.2 #popping

Hi there,

I have been using the beta 11.2 and now the release of 11.2 and from the start I get a pop sound when I move the play bar ahead or back amd I loose my buffer.

Say I'm watching a video and I am 1/4 into the video and my buffer shows 3/4, if I advance the video to say 1/2 way, I hear a high pitch tone and a POP and then the buffer starts over from that point.

I never had this issue with 11.1 and it does this in all the beat 11.2's I tried.

I was hoping it would be fixed but it is not.

Anyone else notice this?

I am using windows 7 with IE8 32 bit.

Thanks

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 27, 2012 11:59 PM   in reply to cart3l

Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce this with YouTube and some random MSN videos on IE9.  Do you have any links that I can try out?  In the meantime, would you mind opening up a new bug at bugbase.adobe.com and include a copy of your dxdiag report and a specific link and we'll investigate further?  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their votes and comments.

Thanks,

Chris

Edit:  Thanks for posting the video.  It's not available yet, but I'll try back again tomorrow morning.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 30, 2012 5:53 PM   in reply to cart3l

Do you have an example URL where this occurs?  Where you also able to get a bug report added with your dxdiag info?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2012 5:52 AM   in reply to cart3l

Exactly the same issue started happening here yesterday (30.3.12)  with Youtube vids..any solutions?.

btw I'm using Win 7 64 bit and running chrome.

Message was edited by: McHog

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 10:55 PM   in reply to cart3l

Already reported months ago and not fixed: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3094643

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 11:13 AM   in reply to cart3l

I just registered to confirm this, this morning (+3 GMT EU) adobe said update is available, i installed it, then started to notice poping sound with ANY youtube videos in 480p and 360p if I'm trying to skip ahead the load bar, and as others said, playing in 720p or 240p does not make a poping sound. I'm rolling back to previous 11.1.102.63 version, why would Adobe release a crappy version with problems is beyond me.

Edit : Yep, it's completely fine with older version, anyone want to grab it, here : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions. html#main_Archived_versions, scroll down a bit.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 2, 2012 2:59 PM   in reply to Peo99

Peo99,

Could you create a new bug report over at bugbase.adobe.com and please include your OS version, browser version, sample URL and a copy of your dxdiag report?  Also indicate in the bug report that this does not occur with 11.1.102.63.  When done, please post back with the bug number and/or URL.  I'll start investigating this internally.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 13, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to cart3l

I'd like to recommend that everyone take a minute and vote for the following bug:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3094643

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 5:50 AM   in reply to cart3l

I was "little" annoyed too. I mean this popping audio while seeking is just unacceptable. There is an easy solution. Start using HTML5 on Youtube. It may be a beta but it works way better than Adobe Flash.

To start watching youtube videos in HTML5 video and not flash, please go here.(If you want you can always leave the HTML5 beta the same way you entered)  http://www.youtube.com/html5

No Flash, No popping.

OS Windows 7 x64, Firefox 11 & Chrome 18

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to cart3l

11.3 appears to have resolved it: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-3.html

But it should have been fixed in 11.2

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to mankey82

Mankey82 I hope that you are not recommending people to use a Adobe Flash 11.3 beta 1. The previous version 11.2 was supposed to be "stable" with five Betas, 1 Release candidate and 1 one security fix.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points