• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Open CS6 on Mac Scratch disk HELP!!

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open my CS6, error of the scratch disk being full...I have looked at other posts about this and they refer you to hold ALT, Command & Shift before you start PS and also tried after trying to open it.  Does not work.  I cannot open Preferences.  I went to the Library and deleted the CS5 settings like I read also.  Still nothing at all. I'm in very desperate need to get this up and running.  PLEASE HELP ME!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

I did this and was able to delete the settings file and then the window popped up again and no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to get to the scratch disk settings: Scratch disk full and cannot open photoshop to fix it...

Also whatever you use as a scratch disk in Mac must be formatted to HFS+

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the shortcut to launch Photoshop, then immediately press the Command and Option keys.

This will present you with a dialog where you can select a different drive with more space as the primary scratch disk.

If you only have one hard drive, you will need to clear up some space on it, for instance by moving files to an external drive.

See also Scratch disk full and cannot open photoshop to fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check and make sure your hard drive is not actually running low on free space.

Go to the Apple menu, click on About This Mac, then click on Storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me I was getting the same message as above and command alt would not work for me. I deleted some large files and photoshopped opened up!

Thanks Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines