• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I find "New Comp from Character Animator Recording.jsx"

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of AE (2018) and Character Animator (2018 not beta). "New Comp from Character Animator Recording.jsx" does not appear amongst the scripts I can run. Why is that? How can I run sync png and wav without manually doing it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Unable to import Character Animator to After Effects (2018)

Check out this link. I had the same issue. Use Dynamic link, basically just drag and drop CH scene into After Effects. When, If you update your puppet in CH it will update in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to import Character Animator to After Effects (2018)

Check out this link. I had the same issue. Use Dynamic link, basically just drag and drop CH scene into After Effects. When, If you update your puppet in CH it will update in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thanks! Also that link is very helpful. Adobe updates have really frustrated me, I feel much better knowing others feel the same. Lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understand correctly however, it is not the same thing. I think the Dynamic Link approach rerenders each time you adjust the original file, where as dragging across the PNG files I think will only refresh if you regenerate the PNG files (so you control when it rerenders better, give a more responsive experience).  Dynamic Link might be better for your case, but I am struggling with the performance of it which is why I am digging deeper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines