• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush and pencil tools Please Help !!!!

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Brush and pencil tools worked normally until a month ago.

Whenever I draw with the brush or pencil tool, it moves. Example, if I draw a single line with the brush or pencil tool, the line will move slightly to the right. it is as though you select the line and press the right arrow key every time a line is drawn. This is extremely frustrating and makes using these essential tools completely useless to me. Has anyone encountered such an issue or does anyone have a method to fix? please, whatever you know could go a long way.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling; restarting my computer none of these have worked. I have a very powerful computer so it's probably not a hardware issue. I downgraded to CS6 and the brush and pencil tools work just fine. when I draw a line, it is exactly where it is drawn. However, the lag makes CS6 almost unbearable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

I may have found a solution. Go into your display properties. Turn custom scaling off, and change scaling to one of the default settings ie: 100/125/150. Then apply and restart your pc...worked for me today

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you drawing with a tablet? If so, is the tablet driver up-top-date? Is the issue present in other apps or just Animate? Also, what version of CC are you using and what is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am drawing with a tablet and I believe the tablet is up to date as I use it in the latest versions of illustrator and photoshop with no issue. I tried it in all the versions of CC (2016, 17 and 18) and the problem persists. I am using windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to draw or paint a line with your mouse or trackpad, does it also jump? If it doesn't I'm guessing it is some issue between the tablet-to-program communication, in which case, make sure the driver is for sure updated.

Also, a point of clarification: you said the tools worked normally until a month ago, and I assume that means they were working as expected in Creative Cloud. Did something change at that point? For example, is that when you upgraded to CC2018? I have heard of this issue occurring in past versions of Animate, but I'm not aware of it recently, so I'm just trying to nail down possible culprits. By the way, in the past, some people had success with unplugging their tablet and replugging it while in Animate (or Flash as it were) or with plugging into a different USB port. Obviously, though, that's not a permanent fix.

You might also peruse this discussion thread: brush line jumps away from cursor? It's old, but some of the solutions may still be valid, such as checking the text resolution percentage on your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I tried with a mouse and it still jumps (moves to the right slightly). it worked normally with Animate 2017 until an update to the version, then it started this jumping business. When I upgraded to 2018, I was truly hoping for this issue to be resolved but the issue carried over. The unplugging did not work. It doesn't even work with using the mouse. I will check out the forum you have recommended, but in the meantime, the issue still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have perused the thread and it looks like the issue still remains. An update was pushed into the software to fix but this did not fix it for most people. I have creative cloud; therefore, all my software are up to date. I will check my tablet drives to ensure it is up to date but I doubt this is the problem since it works perfectly for photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I'm stumped. Perhaps someone else on the forum has a suggestion. It might also be worth getting some one-on-one technical support at this point via chat or phone: Contact Customer Care. If you do find a solution and you have a moment to share it, I would love to know what the fix is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million for your assistance. yes I will contact Customer support and update if the issue gets resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making your smoothing lower, I don’t know if it will work but if the smoothing is high it’ll make the brush go weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah! I have tried that and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if u found the solution to this. I am also having this problem with the program and its bothering me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may have found a solution. Go into your display properties. Turn custom scaling off, and change scaling to one of the default settings ie: 100/125/150. Then apply and restart your pc...worked for me today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines