• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to combine PDF files|| Error message "Page extraction not allowed in the source PDF documents".

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just signed up and paid for the package and received this message on the first attempt to combine files. Tried restarting the computer, nothing. Tried using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome, still didn't work. What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Hello duaner77620050

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to combine PDF files as getting a message "Page extraction not allowed in the source PDF documents", Is that correct?

Using the Adobe PDFPack subscription, you can combine PDF files online using the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf with your Adobe ID and password. You can also use the free desktop version of Adobe Reader DC to use the services of Adobe PDFPack, just "sign-in" wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello duaner77620050

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to combine PDF files as getting a message "Page extraction not allowed in the source PDF documents", Is that correct?

Using the Adobe PDFPack subscription, you can combine PDF files online using the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf with your Adobe ID and password. You can also use the free desktop version of Adobe Reader DC to use the services of Adobe PDFPack, just "sign-in" with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader.

For the error, you are getting, please refer to the following KB docs which discuss the similar issue How to allow "Page Extraction"?

Page Extraction is showing as Not Allowed in Adobe Reader XI

You may also refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a similar reply/answer posted on other threads asking the same question, unfortunately it hasn't helped address the root of the issue. If you don't have live support I ask that you be more clear on the steps to fix this issue. I am combining a pdf I created with a pdf that I did not create it mentions that it failed because page extraction is not allowed. I paid for the Adobe PDF Pack as it advertised that it would give me the capability but it isn't. Do I need acrobat instead? How do I fix this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Adobe PDFPack you can combine PDF files. As you mentioned that you are combining a PDF file with another PDF file which you have not created and getting the error message that page extraction is not allowed.

Is it possible to share the PDF files with us so that we can try it at our end? To share the PDF file refer to How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Have you tried combining two other PDF files? Is the issue is reproducible? Please try combining two other PDF files and check.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still an unhelpful answer. having followed the instructions to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not "unhelpful". It just means it didn't work for you. If you provide more details we might be able to help you further...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources