• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attempting to replace an existing file with the same name screws up the file

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a Word document which is basically just a form letter. In order for everything to format properly when I efax I need to print/save as a .pdf. Instead of creating a new version of the .pdf each time I just replace the existing version. Recently, when I try to replace the existing .pdf file it won't let me do it. In addition, once I've tried to replace the file it will no longer allow me to open/delete it, and I get a pop up in Acrobat that "There was an error opening this document. Access denied." This only happens after I've tried to replace the file one time. If I don't try to replace the existing file with the same name, then I can open it normally. Simply attempting to replace the file renders it inaccessible moving forward. When I try to delete the file it says that I need permission from the computer's admin. to delete, but I'm logged in as the admin and I'm the file owner. When I go to the properties>security setting it says "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object". When I go to properties>security>advanced, and click the "attempt the operation with administrative privileges" it tells me I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings.

So, I really have no idea what's going on. This just started happening a couple of weeks ago. I'm using windows 10, and I've uninstalled/reinstalled the latest version of acrobat reader. The first image below is what it looks like the first time I save a file as a .pdf. The second is what it looks like after I've attempted and failed to replace the existing file. 

pdf image 1.PNGpdf image 2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello roryc66639322

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please try resetting the preferences of Adobe Reader and then reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

You may also try to disable the protected mode from Reader and see if this brings any difference Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader

Note: Enable the protected settings to default, turn it on back.

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs Reboot the machine and install the Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html?22

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines