• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC stopped responding, my work was lost and caused laptop fan to come on

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have brand new Lenovo ThinkPad.  I downloaded adobe acrobat and started working with it.  I have only had my computer for 3 days.  Acrobat stopped responding and the fan on my laptop went into high gear! I had to close acrobat manually and lost all of my work. As soon as I closed the progam, my laptop fan stopeed. I had this same problem on my old computer but just attributed it to my old computer.  The problem occurred almost immediately after I save a header/footer setting.

Please help me understand the problem and if it is possible to get my work back.

Many thanks in advance,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Laurab,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the issue description above, Acrobat Pro DC is crashing on your laptop, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from Help>Check for updates, reboot the machine. Try repairing the installation files in Acrobat from Help>Repair installation(only for Windows), reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

You can also reset the Acrobat preference, to reset preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights, install Acrobat and see if you still face crashing issue.

If you still face the issue, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines