• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with latest Premiere Pro update

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a Premiere Pro CC subscriber since 2015 without interruption.  I never paid much attention to the Version at boot-up.  It wasn't until I recently bought a Panasonic Lumix GH-5 and saw that PPro couldn't handle the 4K video that I realized I was still using 2015 software.   Can someone tell me how to download and install the current version?  I am paying for it. I should have it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer meets the current requirements some help is below

CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when they are not

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.html

-and added step https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1529654

Do be aware that the newer versions do not include Dolby Dolby Audio Decoder missing after Premiere CC 2018 (V12) update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, John, but I think you misunderstood my problem.  I do not want to uninstall or reinstall Creative Cloud, and I am not using any of the old versions of Windows that one of your suggestions deals with.  I did update Creative Cloud, but my Premiere Pro is still Version 2015.  I just need to know how to download and install the latest version (I think it's 12.0.1) of Premiere Pro, and hope that by installing that, all updates that occurred between 2015 and 2018 will be included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You install all version of Premiere Pro through the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install CC 2018.0.1, it will be up to date. It does not have to update until a new update comes out. (That may be as early as April.)

BUT it is set by default to uninstall 2015, and you don't want it to do that. See threads regarding the removal of dolby. You will not be able to roll back if you have problems.

When you install 2018, but sure to click on "Advanced Options," and deselect "uninstall previous versions."

Also, it is always prudent to have a system restore and full image backup so you can reinstall if needed. On at least one occasion I am pretty certain that I did not get the "advanced options" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I was posting that reply, I looked at the cloud desktop, and it updated. Then I couldn't find what I was looking for!

This link has a post by Ann Bens from Dec 2017, that has the previous versions I thought were still active:

Re: Need to install previous version - missing from list (screenshot)

I haven't been keeping up, so now I wonder when this change occurred. Contrary to my comment above, 2015 is available? And 2017 is not? Someone update me! Desktop version 4.4.1.298

Cloud Previous Versions 033018 4_4_1_298.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines