• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool keeps moving the image???!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using a drawing tablet to draw on a transparent layer over two locked images, and whenever I zoom in the brush tool keeps moving the image with the brush instead of actually "drawing". It only happens when I'm zoomed in and I'm not using any shortcuts on my tablet or pen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

I was using a Huion Inspiroy Q11k, I reinstalled the driver and reset all configurations and that seemed to do the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i don't know the solution to this issue quite yet, but i have noticed when my image is at its default 66.67% zoom it doesn't encounter the issue.. Every time i zoom in and out my pen keeps acting like a dedicated drag tool. I'll let you know if i figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently a problem with wacom tablets and recent windows update; see other threads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently experiencing the same issue with my Wacom Intuos Pro medium Model PTH-651 on a Dell XPS 15.

I just got this laptop and I'm already experiencing these issues.

Total. Freaking. Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same model; try this fix: Photoshop CC 2018 IGNORES TABLET PROPERTIES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is WinTab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hope i can get here earlier.

i just bought a new pen for this problem.

70 dollars.

i just paid it 1 hr ago.

and tomorrow i will get my new one and it  must be @SAD.

And thanks for AggelosBiou's answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this problem, and since I make a living off my tablet this is not good. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the last Adobe Flash Player update, that worked for me on the Gaomon PD1560 Tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been having the problem too all day and I think I'm on to something!

Does anyone's problem get fixed when they double tap their pen??? it briefly fixes it for me! I don't know where to go from here so advice would be really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue since I updated Photoshop to CC 2018 (build 19.1.3 20180323.r.293). I'm not just getting the issue with the brush tool but also when I try to transform a layer, I'll grab the transform handle, go to drag to scale and the image pans as if I hand the hand tool selected or pressing the space bar. I've had all sorts of issues since updating to CC2018, 2017 worked fine.

Going to delete the preferences file and try again, I'll let you guys know if that helps any. Wish to F Adobe would stop updating products for no reason other than seemingly to break the things that work. The products are beginning to be utterly unusable for a professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Dave's solution on that link, seems to have done the trick with the tool/scaling issue, at least for now. Cheers Ged!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a Huion Inspiroy Q11k, I reinstalled the driver and reset all configurations and that seemed to do the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and its making a 15 min sketch turn into a 2 hour sketch... I have a Wacom intudos model CTH-680.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem using CC 2018. I was using using an Intuos pro, which requires wacom driver version 6.3.29-6. I was able to solve the problem by rolling Photoshop back to CS6, and rolling my wacom driver back to version 6.3.7-6. With that driver, I can only use my older Intuos 4 tablet. I have recreated the same problem and the same solution on both of my computers. Now my productivity is slowed, but I can at least get actual work done without having to call my clients and telling them that they aren't getting their drawings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anybody still having problem, this worked for me.

At the command prompt, type or copy/paste:

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Then restart pc/laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome - did the trick for me too!

Thanks for this,

Aiden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Krisric23 worked Fab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're amazing, I haven't been able to finish my work for three days. Good thing I didn't spend hours trying all the other methods. I can't thank you enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man, this was stressin me since my pen wouldn't work properly with PS(it wouldn't let me use any pen features like pressure and such) without having windows ink on and I couldn't use windows ink cuz of this glitch. Stupid crap for real. M$ must be paying off P$ to ensure that one won't work without the other..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Worked for me too ❤️ ty so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you calibrate your pen and deselect 'Windows Ink' in the bottom left it could work! Worked for me with a Wacom Cintiq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows Ink solution worked for me! I'm using the Intuos Small tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines