Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horrible performance of lightroom Classic cc New Version

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I just upgraded my laptop. I am now using a Thinkpad Intel vpro core i6 7th generation with 16 GB RAM and SSD drive.  Windows 10

I am editing photos from my Nikon D850. Basically chossing the winners and deleting what is not worth it. doing some cropping and basic editing.

The photos are in the SSD drive so I do not expect an issue with the hard drive

The Lightroom is newly installed, latest version. No preferences changes yet. Just the initial install.

Started going through my pictures while monitoring the PC's performance. The CPU is 100% or very close to it. The memory is over 80%

I closed it and opened it again and still the same issue . The Performance and CPU are ok after closing lightroom but as soon as I start working with it all goes to the roof.

I am not working with any other app at the time only Adobe .  Lightroom alone is eating up over 8Gb of RAM and most of the CPU.

I mean this is a pro Laptop. Before this one I had a 3 year old one with only 8Gb ram and HDD instead of SSD. It was slow but understandable. This one seems to be worst despite the resources

How come lightroom is eating up the laptop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience, rolling back to 7.2 fix everything here. 7.3 is buggy as hell... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on a 'newish' laptop that should have been better, however I discovered that the GPU (Graphics Processor) on my 'newish' computer was slower than on my older computer. LR makes use of the GPU as much as it can. So just because your laptop might be newer, does not mean it will run LR better/faster.  I wound upgrading my laptop to a Lenovo gaming laptop with a high end Graphics Processor and LR runs like a charm on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not the GPU. I am monitoring it as we speak and GPU and DISK are as close as 0 (zero) as can be...  Right now 1% and 3%.

I do not have  a gamer GPU (only the standard Intel) but I am pretty sure the one I have now is better that my older laptop (also Intel)

Memory is always up like in the upper mid (right now 82%/ 12 Gb)  For as long as lightroom is running

CPU goes down after a while if I stopped working on lightroom. As soon as I am back to do some work. it goes right to almost 100%. Right now just flagged about 7 photos and my CPU is back to 98%

Maybe not relevant but the only other area of performance monitoring is the wifi. All I see is peaks when I start working on lightroom Classic cc. not sure why since all is local.

I believe (unconfirmed) that photoshop cc works much better .. so problem seems to be lightroom classic displaying processing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fabbui,

We're really sorry for all the trouble caused you. We have identified this issue as a bug and our engineering team investigating a fix. Please add your vote to the below feedback link.

Lightroom Classic 7.3: Slow switching from Library to develop, zooming in, using brushes | Photoshop...

For now, rolling back Lightroom to 7.2 version is the only workaround available.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New update today fixed a lot of the lagg in Lightroom Classic CC..

Still a lot of lagg using DeHaze, but for now I can use LR.

I hope Adobe keeps working on the performance, it can be improved. I run CaptureOne for other things, and they have a lot more speed and less lagg on even bigger files.

Aleksander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines