• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Window not refreshing

Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB.

A couple times recently, Photoshop won't update its window. For example, if I have an image open and press command-I, "Invert" will show up in the history palette but nothing changes in the image window. If I zoom into the image, now it's inverted. If I press command-Z, nothing changes in the image window. If I zoom in/out, it shows the change.

Restarting Photoshop seems to fix it, though one time I had to reboot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

There's a couple of threads here about the issue might be worth reading through to see if any of the suggestions work for you

Photoshop CC 2017: The edited image isn't updated in a window | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Layers don't update

Have you tried updating to CC2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maxgraphic,

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to take so long to respond. Resetting the settings didn't resolve it. I think at this point it's actually gotten worse, because restarting Photoshop doesn't usually fix it now.

I've also reinstalled Photoshop and updated it at least once since I first noticed this issue. The problem is it's intermittent so I occasionally think I've fixed it but it always comes back.

Certain actions DO refresh the window. For example, most tools like the brush will update the window. But selection tools (marquee, lasso) don't, and actions like Edit > Fill don't.

Any other suggestions? Would uploading a video of the behavior help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have "Use Graphics Processor" unchecked in Preferences > Performance.

It also just dawned on me that I'm using a new computer since I first posted this. I'm now on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) with a Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB. So I guess it's not hardware-related.

Is there a list anywhere of software that conflicts with Photoshop? At one point I thought Fantastical 2 was the culprit but then the problem returned without it. It's tough to troubleshoot such an intermittent problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a couple of threads here about the issue might be worth reading through to see if any of the suggestions work for you

Photoshop CC 2017: The edited image isn't updated in a window | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Layers don't update

Have you tried updating to CC2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am using 19.1.3.

Reading through that thread it looks like RightFont is likely the culprit. I haven't paid to upgrade to the latest version of that but I will and see if that does the trick.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome hope you get it sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines