May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CS5.5.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

I suspect that the OP is trying to use CS5.5 with a hi-dpi monitor. Look at the image in the original post and all the UI items are cut off, also the width of the document window alone is over 2200px. So the monitor display is at least 2800px.

If it is not a hi-dpi display then the monitor is using more than a hd dispay. Both of which would cause problems with all panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click the darker gray bar, just to the right of the Properties tab, to expand the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the suggestion, but it didn’t work. But thanks for the suggestion Jon Fritz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like in installation issue then.

When DW "just starts doing..." I will try clearing the program cache as a first step...

Deleting a corrupted cache file

If that doesn't fix it, restoring preferences usually does the trick...

Restore preferences in Dreamweaver CS4, CS5, and CS5.5

And if all else fails, nuking the entire thing from orbit with a Cleaner Tool Reinstall will bring it back to factory fresh (I know it says CC but works for CS as well)...

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have shown in your first post is a closed panel. When you click on the Properties tab, it will open. When you do a double click on the same tab when the panel is open, it will close the panel. Opening a file will result in the panel assuming the same status as when you last left Dreamweaver.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I would do is click on Window and check to see that the Properties is checked on.

If it is, then it might be 'minimized'.  See if you can 'grab' it with the cursor and drag it to a larger size.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the suggestion below from WolfShade, but it
didn’t work.

You can only check the Properties
window and toggle it on and off if no HTML file is open. If you start
Dreamweaver, you can open the Properties tab (either by double-clicking, taking
the menu option, or using Ctrl F3), but it’s – rightly – empty. Once you open a
file for editing, the Properties tab briefly displays its contents, but
immediately collapses, and cannot be reopened in any way – menus, keystrokes,
using the mouse. Nothing works.

I’ve even tried using different
workspaces in Dreamweaver, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I'm still sitting with the issue and have tried all fixes as above as well as reinstalling Dreamweaver with clearing out all cache. Does anyone else have any suggestions or could point me in the right direction to get any sort of support from Adobe please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click and drag the Properties tab away from the edge of the Application Frame?

It should become a floating panel that you can resize at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John Fitz - just tried that but it just drags and as soon as I release the mouse it just goes straight back to the original place it was in. Doesn't float or resize.

FOR ANY ADOBE REPRESENTATIVE READING THIS....

YOUR SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE. We are NHS Digital which means we approve software the NHS use. Speaking to our procurement department now as to why we are using products from a company with such a bad history of support for their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 is legacy software -- no longer sold or supported.  Why don't you upgrade to Creative Cloud?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed in the screencap that DW is in Design View.  Nancy OShea​, could that impact the properties dialog, at all?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Design/Live/Split/Code view have no effect on Properties

I suspect the OP doesn't have the application frame moved far enough left to see a triangle which opens the panel up to reveal more options..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the OP is trying to use CS5.5 with a hi-dpi monitor. Look at the image in the original post and all the UI items are cut off, also the width of the document window alone is over 2200px. So the monitor display is at least 2800px.

If it is not a hi-dpi display then the monitor is using more than a hd dispay. Both of which would cause problems with all panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, using outdated software on modern equipment is the path to perdition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MaxGiu  wrote

YOUR SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE. We are NHS Digital which means we approve software the NHS use. Speaking to our procurement department now as to why we are using products from a company with such a bad history of support for their products.

Explains why NHS Digital is so bad.

Using 10 year old software to develop that is completely outdated. Can we also blame you for the fiasco of the 'ransom ware' that almost crippled the NHS last year because the computer software was outdated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thank you all, buying the latest version as we're using 4K monitors with Surface pro 4's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MaxGiu  wrote

Awesome thank you all, buying the latest version as we're using 4K monitors with Surface pro 4's.

MaxGiu​

Looking at your file extension I have noticed that you are using .jsp.

I would seriously advise you to download the 7 day trial version of Dreamweaver before purchasing. The latest version is hi-dpi aware, but support for jsp files is terrible at best, and amateurish at worst. JSP support was removed from Dw some versions ago, and it may be that Dw can no longer match your requirerments.

There has been a vast change in what Dw supports, and how it works, especially with the last two versions. Even though it is possible to select the jsp as a file type, working on a site with jsp may prove impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any extensions that will support jsp in the latest DW?

For that matter, are there any extensions that support cfm?  We're a ColdFusion shop and will be for quite some time.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no extensions for jsp, .net or cf.

Dw is now I think aimed squarely at the front-end designer using bootstrap. Anything else the Dw managment knows nothing about.

I can see their thinking though, especially when it comes to the back-end. There is simply too much happening now when it comes to back-end development, and trying to support back-end or app developers that use databases would not be possible as the Dw development team is simply not big enough to do what would be required, keep it up-to-date and provide tutorials and other essential documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a shame, as I really like DW for what I do.  Very handy.  I'm forced to use CC 13.1 build 6443 on our primary network due to security concerns.  But we have an air-gapped development network (can't even get to the internet with it) on which I am using DW CS5.5, and I love it.  The CF support within isn't perfect, but it is quite good.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it was after CS6 when the decision was made to go down the front-end only route. Which I don't think is ever going to change now, what does concern me, (not really I don't use CC) is the EOL'ing of Muse, as that decission has left a gap in what the typical Adobe small business and private user requires.

I would guess that over 80% of Dw users fall into the small or personal site maintenance category, and are not looking for anything new, or any improvments beyond what is already included, or bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines