• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search not working

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid, fully licensed version of Adobe Acrobat DC on my PC.  I have downloaded a couple of *.pdf files.  They open and are viewable and I can print them out; however, when I try to search the document for specific words, the search shows 0 documents and 0 results.  I need to be able to do key word searches on the current document as I am taking an open book test tomorrow and these documents are hundreds of pages!  Why is the word search or Advanced Search not finding words that I am picking right out of the current document?  I'm typing them in case sensitive.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Hi Timothey E.J,

Sorry for the delayed response.

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to search specific words in a pdf using Acrobat, is that correct?

Would it be possible to share one of the pdf files you are working with to replicate the issue at our end?? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothey E.J,

Sorry for the delayed response.

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to search specific words in a pdf using Acrobat, is that correct?

Would it be possible to share one of the pdf files you are working with to replicate the issue at our end?? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Als, let us know the dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have always been able to search in the past. I upgraded to Pro and can no longer search a pdf. What is the problem Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

What happens when you try to search the PDF, do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for more clarity.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.01.206XX installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/3THiVR8 and check

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines