• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Errors launching a fresh install of Adobe Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, so I recently purchased an Adobe CC license and after downloading Lightroom Classic CC I get two errors when launching,

"Could not call C function: private_load_AgCoreTech" which continues to pop up 5 times or so after clicking 'OK' or 'X'

2nd error I get is "Win32 API error 126 ("The specified module could not be found.") when calling ::LoadLibrary from getCFunction"

I have already tried running through the solutions for both of these issues after searching on google which were this link for the first error and this link for the second error with none of them causing any change. My C++ is up to 2017 so it does not let me install the ones linked in the Adobe forum.

Thank you! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

OK SO I FIXED IT. I manually uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and reinstalled them with fresh ones from Microsoft website, this fixed the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of Windows are you using?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, version 1803

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarksCamera  schrieb

"Could not call C function: private_load_AgCoreTech" which continues to pop up 5 times or so after clicking 'OK' or 'X'

Take a look here: How to fix Lightroom launch error 'Could not call C function: private_load_AgCoreTech'.

MarksCamera  schrieb

2nd error I get is "Win32 API error 126 ("The specified module could not be found.") when calling ::LoadLibrary from getCFunction"

Please refer here: Error after installing the new version of Lightroom CC

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first link you replied with is the same one I have in the main post stating that I tried it already and it did not work, I tried doing what the second link shows and no change, I already have C++ 2010 installed so it does not let me install it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the error message "Win32 API error 126 ("The specified module could not be found.") when calling ::LoadLibrary from getCFunction"  please take a look here: Error after installing the new version of Lightroom CC

For the error "Could not call C function: private_load_AgCoreTech":

Is your windows up-to-date?

Try to reinstall Lightroom.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have JUST updated my Windows and double checked that there are no more updates, I have uninstalled and re-installed Lightroom more than 3 times. You sent me the same link in the first comment, I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, so it does not let me download/install it again. I changed the name of that folder, no change in Lightroom or my ability to install c++.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK SO I FIXED IT. I manually uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and reinstalled them with fresh ones from Microsoft website, this fixed the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, happy it works ... that would have been my next suggestion

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines