• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starting to edit creates extra marks to document

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the issue with adobe pro 2017 - when I start to edit document there will occur extra strange marks and letters to that document and that will be impossible to read.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Thanks for sharing the files via email. It seems the issue is related to the fonts available on the machine.

I opened the pdf using Acrobat in Edit PDF mode. Clicked Settings in the right-hand pane > and unchecked “Use available system font” option. When this option was checked while Acrobat recognizes the pdf, it adds those strange characters on the pdf.

Try unchecking “Use available system font option” as seen in the screenshot below while opening the pdf in Edit PDF mode.

Or , you may try turni

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jormak,

Based on the issue description mentioned above, strange characters appear when editing a pdf in Acrobat, is that correct?

Would it be possible if you can share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end?  To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, does this happen with a specific pdf file or with all the pdf files? Try editing another pdf file and check if this behavior continues.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can`t install that Adobe cloud since it is saying that there not enough free space on the disc even free space is 421 Gt...

Can I send those files to you via email? I have tried to solve this issue with your support team but no success - I´m going to be quite frustrated...

I`m using Adobe acrobat pro 2017 and operating system is Windows 10 pro.

And yes, those strange characters appear when I start to edit pdf document in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe cloud doesn't require space on your hard drive. You can access Document Cloud using this link: https://cloud.acrobat.com/

More info on cloud here: Manage and work with your files stored in Adobe Document Cloud

I have also responded to your private message, please check the inbox for the same.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the files via email. It seems the issue is related to the fonts available on the machine.

I opened the pdf using Acrobat in Edit PDF mode. Clicked Settings in the right-hand pane > and unchecked “Use available system font” option. When this option was checked while Acrobat recognizes the pdf, it adds those strange characters on the pdf.

Try unchecking “Use available system font option” as seen in the screenshot below while opening the pdf in Edit PDF mode.

Or , you may try turning off recognize text by unchecking the box next to “Recognize text” option under scanned documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines