• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC Pro 20055 (Latest version) - Combine PDF not working.

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe DC Pro 2018.011.20055. Windows 10 64-bit. The Combine PDF feature worked properly last week, but is now unresponsive. Per a recommendation I found in another thread on this site, I ran a repair on the installation, no change.

As it stands, there are two PDFs open, and I cannot combine them.

Protected mode is not enabled, so that isn't the cause either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Notworkingsadface,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to combine files in Acrobat, is that correct?

Could you try rebooting the machine once if you haven't already and try again?

Have you tried combing files in Windows explorer by selecting multiple pdf files > right-click > Combine files in Acrobat? Does that work?

In the meantime, you may also combine files using a web browser at this link: https://cloud.acrobat.com/combinepdf

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test to see if the problem is with one of these two PDFs, try combining some of the PDFs that worked last week.

What is the error message?

Also: what did you mean when you said Acrobat DC Pro 20055?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20055 - the latest update/revision of the application.

I cannot try to combine previous PDF's from another time as the feature is no longer available in the tools menu to attempt using it.

Additionally two more systems (same configuration and operating system) have developed the same issue - most of the tools are missing, but the priority for our workflow is the combine tool.

We have attempted to use the Adobe Cleanup tool and reinstall DC Pro, but to no avail, the issue is still present, tools are still missing.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi NotWorkingSadFace,

Try launching Acrobat, click Tools, type combine and see if that brings up the combine files tool. Also, could you share the screenshot of the application you are using on the machine using the steps given in this link. To share the screenshot here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines