• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AcroCEF Helper

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted earlier (November 6, 2018, ~11:30am) and someone from Adobe support contacted me to follow up (only through Google chat). I wanted to post a response after, but found that my original post had been deleted even though the issue was unresolved. This leads me to believe that many other people are having the same problem. Something shady is going on if Adobe Customer Care is deleting unresolved customer issues/complaints.

The original post was about this AcroCEF Helper error message window constantly popping up whenever I use Adobe Acrobat. I'm running CC on MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra). It interrupts my work about every 30 seconds so I have to quit Acrobat immediately after working on a PDF, and then close a dozen windows.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.15.54 AM.png

This is what I wanted to add after chatting with Adobe Customer Care:

I contacted Adobe Support directly and they wrote "We [can] certainly help you to get the issue resolved." The only solution offered was to purchase Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 for $450! It's ridiculously steep considering I already pay $600+ for CC subscription every year. I am a freelancer working out of my home and I only use 4 apps out of their ever-growing collection. The second offer was $299 for 1 Mac "after all the discounts" (whatever that means). After some back and forth (I've purchased CS4 and CS5 and CC2017), the third and final offer was Acrobat XI Pro for $150. They just want to squeeze every dime out of their customers since they know there isn't much alternative out there. So frustrating!

I'll take a screenshot of this in case they delete it again!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the message you couldn't find? How to fix "AcroCEF Helper Cannot be opened because of a problem"? You added to it on Nov 2.

It sounds as if you were in contact with scammers. There is no circumstance whatever in which Adobe would sell you Acrobat XI Pro, at any price. How did you get in touch with "Adobe Support"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't get a response to that message, so I started a second one yesterday that was deleted.(https://forums.adobe.com/message/10731867​)

Are you sure? I guess it didn't help I gave my username (email) and password to Adobe CC. Crap!

They sent me an email asking for my google chat info. Does this look legit?

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 5.21.43 PM.png

Do you have any recommendations on what I should do now? Report to Adobe?

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the message I received.

I did another search. WTF, I guess you were right:

PHISHING SCAM - LOOKOUT FOR "BEN ANDERSON.HELP" or "ADOBE CHRIS STANBERY".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that seems to be a scam. Thanks for the detailed screen shots. I hope you didn't give them access to your PC or your credit card...

There are warnings, such as on Adobe Forum Help & Resources but I wish more could be done about these people. But I can't think what COULD be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines