• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep RAW support for windows 8

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you have stopped updates for Windows 8 computers. While I absolutely hate this, the worst part is I can't open up RAW files from my new EOS R since you have tied RAW support to new updates!!!

This has essentially rendered Lightroom/photoshop useless and I'm paying $50 a month for software with 0 support.

I still think that you should either get Lightroom 8 working or offer an upgrade to win 10 (costs $150/computer) but at minimum, keep RAW support going so your creators can keep working!!!

I now have to spend $150/computer to update them, do hours worth of updates, deal with software that doesn't run on win10, or leave Adobe just to open up my RAW images

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gephotography  wrote

I understand you have stopped updates for Windows 8 computers.

Actually, we here in this forum have done no such thing. We are not Adobe in this forum, we are just Lightroom users, and none of us have ended support for Windows 8.

You might actually want to give your feedback to Adobe, instead of us Lightroom users. Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community​ If you want to have even the slightest chance of having Adobe change this decision, you need to tell Adobe.

Furthermore, in your other thread, details were given that allows you to open photos for your camera's photos using Adobe DNG Converter, which is free. No need for duplicate threads on the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gephotography  schrieb

I still think that you should either get Lightroom 8 working or offer an upgrade to win 10 (costs $150/computer) but at minimum, keep RAW support going so your creators can keep working!!!

There has been a free upgrade to Win 10 available from MS for quite a long time.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can sympathize. I just found out my old Android  phone can no longer install the latest LRCC (cloud version) so perhaps it’s time I purchased a newer model or switched to iPhone?

That said, CC software constantly pushes out new features and increasingly these will use AI, machine learning and recent developments like CoreML (mac) and WInML (windows) etc. etc.

So the future affects both Windows and Mac users and Microsoft & Apple now seem to be offering free upgrades for those running the latest versions of Mac OS and W10.

But until you are ready to upgrade your hardware or get a new computer Adobe Raw (DNG) gives backward compatibility for raw editing in your supported software.

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac OS  | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines