• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro with Tetra4D

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting Adobe Acrobat Pro, opening a Step file, do some messurements and than safe file. Either Adobe crashes before I can safe or after I save the file.

Reinstalled the whole thing twice, even on a different computer but cant find the error.

Can someone please help me?!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ohof,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is crashing when working with a step file, is that correct?

Could you let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Does this happen with this specific pdf file? Have you tried with another pdf file?

Also, would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working with the version 2015 of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2015.006.30033) on Windows 7.

"Normal" pdf files do work fine, just all kind of step files have got some problems. I would like to give you an example file but because of company rules I cant give you an example.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ohof,

Could you try installing the latest patch for Acrobat - 2015.006.30457 using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well we tried that... but nothing has changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ohof,

Could you try replicating the issue in a new user account by clicking on the Start button > control panel > add or remove user accounts > create a new account. Login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that in the beginning. Log into different user accounts, on different workstations and so on. But the problem is always the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ohof,

It seems opening STP, STEP file was available in Acrobat 9. Refer to the following help link for the same:

Supported file formats in Acrobat and Reader

You may also refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

3D file reading with Adobe Acrobat X10 Pro

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines