• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC hangs on Start, even after reinstall

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the newest LR Classic CC on Windows 7 (SP3, no updates from there on, PC is in a DMZ and doesn't go online for surfing) for a while now, without any problems. Today I just could not get it to start properly - the splash screen showed, then the main window (unresponsive if I try to click anything), then a second splash screen appears and it completely stops responding, I can't even kill the process with the task manager.

I then tried to reinstall it after a restart, booted LR up aaaand same result. I then went quite ballistic on it and removed all catalogs plus backups because I had severe issues with them before (on another system) and removed all program files after uninstalling it again. I rebooted again, installed it fresh and encountered the same result.. please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, Bring up your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application, if not signed in, do so. Now as to the crust of this paragraph, sign out, then sign in. Se if that fixes the issue.

Now, could be connectivity or Licensing issues, sound more like connectivity.

How to resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

How to fix the issue of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app not opening or showing a spinning progress ...

Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues

Troubleshoot licensing issues | CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply! I indeed encountered the CC app taking ages to load. I signed off and on again, tried all the steps in the second link including a reinstall and clearing the mentioned folder with several reboots in between - no results so far. Come to think of it, the CC processes themselves don't terminate after I close the app...

post scriptum: no other program has connectivity issues, so I think my external network setup is not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now get prompted to select a new catalog file or the standard catalog file, both options result in a hang in the main screen or catalog selection screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welp, figured as much - thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines