• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing desktop for tutorial?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to record interactive tutorials for IT students in 800 x 600 resolution.  However, this size does not enable me to capture the whole desk top screen, although this is not a problem when recording tutorials in specific software such as Word, as I can choose the open window from the drop down list and go to snap to fit.  I need to be able to point to Start button, demonstrate how to open a program (so nothing but the desk top is available at this point) and then point to buttons in the Word toolbar, for instance.

I have tried recording in an increased size, but after resizing the project down to 800 x 600 text boxes and general quality is inferior.

Help please?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Rick but unfortunately that still necessitates having to use vertical scroll bar to see the whole screen and of course the quality is pretty poor.  I just feel I must be missing something obvious here, as there is no problem using 800 x 600 within the software programs because you can snap to.

Ruidog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When resizing a project, the quality should be fine as long as you do the resize in one step.

You'll still have to fix up the size of captions, so its best to resize before you edit and check all your slides.

Also check the quality settings in the Project properties.

And like the guys said in that other thread, remember to take into consideration that when viewing in a browser, the menus and status bar takes up real estate in the "staging area"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources