Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 not recording mainframe emulator demo

Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had used previous versions of Captivate to record simulations of our proprietary mainframe system.  Since upgrading to 4 a couple years back, I am no longer able to get Captivate to recognize the keystrokes or the screen changes.  It captures the first screenshot only and then nothing.  Could there be an option/property I have set wrong?

Thank You

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is this really the same question you asked a year ago?

Click here to view that thread

And if it is the same issue, is it one you never resolved or is it one you resolved for a while and it has since returned?

Sometimes the answer is simple. Perhaps you turned off Automatic recording and have shifted into Manual mode.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is the same issue - I never did resolve, but it took a back seat to other more pressing issues.  It is now rearing its head as a need again.

I tried to find my post from last year  - but I couldn't find it by searching - so I thought I might have imagined posting the question!  ( there was probably an easier way to find it - but I don't spend a lot of time on the forum so...)

Others on my team have had the same experience so I don't think it is as simple as my selection of manual.

We are experiencing some other issues at the moment that are preventing me from attempting to run the capture of any software beyond the first screen.  Since this was not previously a problem other than with our mainframe emulator I figure it is related to workstation builds and virtual software settings that I have my tech people looking into.

*** Update*** upon more rigorous investigation - this problem was the result of having Captivate installed as a "virtual" application erroneously.  Captivate does not capture any screen recordings when run from a virtual machine - it needs to be installed locally.  reverting to a clean locally installed setup has corrected the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources