• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to click in flash player settings box

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know this is an incredibly common problem, but despite the many threads about it, i haven't been able to fix my flash player. it appears to be the same error discussed in this thread.

i'm using firefox 3.6.12 on a mac 10.5.8

i've got adobe flash player 10.2.152.33

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling

i've tried deleting the "flash player" folder in library/caches/adobe and library/preferences/macromedia

i've adjusted my global settings to allow up to 10mb of storage

i've restarted too many times to count

none of this has yielded any solution. i still cannot click "allow" or "deny" in the settings box, and so i still cannot use anything requiring permission for data storage. does anyone have any other ideas? your help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reduce your window till you can only see the panel... or put your flash application in the upper left corner of your html page.

I think this is a bug with firefox and mac.

Bernard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bernard, i'm not sure what you're referencing. the flash player settings window cannot be reduced, nor can the flash player window itself. nor can either be moved. i think you may be answering something irelevant.

here is a screencap of the settings window i am talking about:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ii97ag.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give me the URL of your sample ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what sample are you talking about? i'm not editing flash or html if that's what you're talking about. the flash application i'm attempting to use is located at http://www.midomi.com/, but i don't see how that's important, since my problem is universal to all websites that require permission to store data or access my camera / microphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen... I have the same problem when I use firefox on mac.

when the flash application is located in the upper left corner or it can fill the window then you have access to these settings.

Try with safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i see what you mean now. sorry i was so slow to get what you were saying. i guess the issue then is unique to firefox? why is that? since firefox is my preferred browser, i'd love to be able to make it work if possible.

edit: thanks so much, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just as a general update, i have now also attempted to solve the problem by repairing my disk permissions using the disk utility. this also proved ineffective. i disabled adblocker to no effect as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines