• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Upgrade To Flash Builder 4.6 Standard from 4.5.1 Standard

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while ago, I bought Adobe CS5 Web Premium (with educational licensing). Since then, Adobe flash builder has been updated to version 4.6, which contains features that I wish to use - mobile developement. However, I cannot seem to find any way to upgrade my current Flash Builder 4.5 Standard to Flash Builder 4.6 Standard. I have found a download which installs Flash Builder 4.6 Premium, but this does not accept my license key (which seems normal, since I do not have a 4.5 Premium license). I cannot, however find any way of updating to 4.6 Standard. There is no "try" option for 4.6 Standard, though on the product page, it claims that it comes with a complimentary upgrade to 4.6 Standard. Does anyone have any clues on how to upgrade Flash Builder 4.5 Standard to Flash Builder 4.6 Standard?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Pyhtoner66 I would recommend trying the steps listed in Flash Builder 4.6 doesn't accept CS5.5 serial number.  It appears that you will want to install as a trial and it should then read the serialization information from your Creative Suite installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pyhtoner66 I would recommend trying the steps listed in Flash Builder 4.6 doesn't accept CS5.5 serial number.  It appears that you will want to install as a trial and it should then read the serialization information from your Creative Suite installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I've already tried installing Flash Builder. However, it did not recognize my already serialized license (I've got the rest of CS5 installed) and it still does not accept my serial number. When I enter my key, it displays an orange triangle with an exclamation point, and claims "The serial number is not valid for this product." I currently suspect that the reason it's not recognizing my key is related to the fact that when Flash Builder starts up, it says "Flash Builder Premium", but I had the standard version from CS5 Web Premium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further verification it does appear you should be able to install Flash Builder 4.6.  We would recommend that you remove your installation of Creative Suite 5 and then run the CS5 cleaner tool to ensure that everything is removed.  Once done you can then install Master Collection, with the exception of Flash Builder.  You would then want to install the copy of Flash Builder 4.6 which you have downloaded and install in trial mode.  It should then be properly licensed when you launch the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

I'm having a similar problem. I just bought CS Web Premium 5.5 (with educational licensing for PC) on 2/6/2012 which came with Flash Builder 4.5 Premium and I need Flash Builder 4.6 Premium.

Yesterday I contacted Adobe Customer Service twice. The first time I talked to a Customer Support rep and the second time I talked to someone from the Web Dept - neither one could help me. Today, I found this post and followed your instructions explicitly...

1) Deactivated SN.

2) Uninstalled CS Web Premium 5.5.

3) Restarted

4) Downloaded and ran CS5 Cleaner Tool

5) Restarted

6) Verified that there were no Product entries in my Programs And Features Control Panel

7) Verified that there were no failed records in the Adobe CS5 Installer Database removal script.log file

8) Downloaded Flash Builder 4.6 Trial

9) Reinstalled my CS Web Premium 5.5 without Flash Builder 4.5 or the iOS Component and entered my SN with no problems

10) Ran the setup for Flash Builder 4.6. It prompted me for the SN again. After entering it, I got the same message I've been getting... "This serial number is not valid for this product."

The Web Dept employee said a senior manager would be in contact with me to work this issue out, but I haven't heard back from anyone.

So far I've spent 6 hours trying to upgrade this software. I would've thought when I purchased this 2 weeks ago that it would've included the latest versions of all the programs in the suite rather than having to try and update to the latest version which was released more then 2 months ago. Can someone at Adobe, install CS Web Premium 5.5 on their machine, then try and update to Flash Builder 4.6 and document the process? I've seen this issue with updating from Flash Builder 4.5 to 4.6 all over the web and forums and no one seems have solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jleydig the missing step is that you want to install Flash Builder 4.6 in trial mode.  It should then read your CS5.5 serial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thansk Jeff. I missed "trial" mode in your response. Maybe make that bold or something so it stands out because that made the difference for me. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, hopefully it will help future users trying to install Flash Builder 4.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. I was able to install Flash Builder 4.6 with my CS Web Premium 5.5 after reading http://forums.adobe.com/thread/934824, http://www.webkitchen.be/2011/12/07/flash-builder-4-6-flex-sdk-4-6/ and http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/924/cpsid_92402.html.

The solution the worked for me (after I did all the steps in my previous post) was:

1) Install Flash Builder 4.6 in Trial mode making sure you select the same language you did when you installed your suite - That's IMPORTANT

2) Open Flash Builder 4.6 in Trial mode

3) Close it

4) Open it again but this time enter the SN from your Creative Suite and it should accept it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't successfully installed flash builder 4.6, but I'm going to try those instructions again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried (again) the exact steps jleydig listed that worked for him, but I still get the error that the serial number is not valid for this product, even after installing Flash Builder as a trial. I did make sure to install Flash Builder using the same language as CS5 Web Premium, and I have checked and tried my serial number many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pythoner66 if you have tried all the steps in this thread and are continuing to experience difficulties then I would recommend contacting our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll try the instructions one more time, just to be sure, then I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pythoner66

As per the user agreement, I installed Creative Suite (CS) Web Premium 5.5 on both a desktop and a laptop. On the desktop (which was the first machine I tried to update) I went threw all the steps listed in my previous post before I got it to work. Once I got it working on my desktop I figured out that I could simplify the process for the laptop update. Here's what I did...

1) Deactivated CS 5.5 by going into Flash Builder clicking Help > Deactivate Flash Builder...and clicking "Deactivate Permanently" (which deactivated the entire suite)

2) Uninstalled only Flash Builder 4.5 and the iOS Component through the Control Panel (I'm sure you know how to do but just in case... go to Control Panel > Programs and Features (terminology may vary based on your OS) and click on your CS and click Uninstall. This will launch the Adobe uninstaller. From there deselect everything and only select (check) Flash Builder 4.5 and the iOS Component and then uninstall them - uninstalling the iOS Component might not be necessary, but I did it anyway)

3) Restarted after those uninstalled

4) Launched Photoshop and entered my CS Serial Number (you should be able to launch any CS program thats still installed to do this)

5) Once it opened, closed it

6) Installed Flash Builder 4.6 in Trial Mode making sure to select the same language used when CS was installed (that's IMPORTANT)

7) Launched Flash Builder 4.6 in 60-Day (or however many days it was) Trail Mode

8) Once it opened, closed it

9) Launched Flash Builder 4.6 again, but this time I entered the Serial Number from my CS (at that point it accepted the SN and opened like normal and has everytime since)

10) I then installed my iOS Component from my original CS

That's it.

If you aren't having luck with the steps I posted in my earlier replies, you might want to try the steps I just mentioned. Start by installing your entire CS again - making special note of the language you select. Once installed and SN entered and you're sure your programs are up and running, the steps mentioned here worked for me. They're also less time consuming than the steps I entered in my previous reply.

The only issue I can see would be trying to update from Flash Builder 4.5 Standard to Flash Builder 4.6 Premium. But Jeff didn't say that was a problem, so you should be ok there.

Hope these steps help.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this after days I've been trapped Googling for this info.. apparently my Google keyword phrasing wasn't quite right to find this useful info

at Adobe. I haven't tried it but I'm hopeful and will report if this fixed my similar FB 4.6 install hangup.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Kind of weird that nobody from Adobe on this page mentions the availability of this tool since June of last year.. weird. It looks like exactly what fixes

any kind of installation issue and its not that useless 'Adobe Customer Assistant' program it suggests you try when installs fail. Instead it should say

look here (above here).

UPDATE:

I can confirm this fixed my 4.6 install issue. I also had another emergent install issue with CS5.5 Master Collection.. where I rolled back Vista

to an earlier version after having recently uninstalled all CS5.5 products trying to get FB4.6 to install. I was stuck where I couldn't install either for days

and this tool linked to above wasn't mentioned in ANY of the literature I found via Google till just now. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey tachyOn,

Creative suite cleaner tool is also available at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html . Please download from this link.

So, you are able to install FB 4.6, right? Are you facing problem in installing CS 5.5? Can you provide us errors which are coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines