• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player (11.4.402.278) not working on Windows 7, 64bit, IE9.

Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can install and uninstall Flash, but I cannot locate it or use it once on my PC. Help appreciated, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Flash Player is a browser add-on, not a standalone player that can open files.

If you need to play local .swf files, you can download the standalone player (Projector) from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Note that the download is the player, not an installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What means "cannot use it"?  What do you see instead of the expected Flash content?

Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

If not, check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply. I can see the Flash animation in your link and I'm running the latest version of Flash for Windows 7. I have been over the other two link you posted and:

- All the plug ins are working.

- Shockwave is enabled.

- ActiveX Filtering is disabled.

- All clips on youtube and facebook work fine.

So for all intenets and purposes, Flash is working. The problem I'm having is locating Flash Player on my PC and choosing it to open a program with. How do I open a program/file with Flash?

These are the files I have...

Flash pic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a browser add-on, not a standalone player that can open files.

If you need to play local .swf files, you can download the standalone player (Projector) from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Note that the download is the player, not an installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat. Flash problem solved.

I do have another though. Since uninstalling and reinstalling Flash Player and some codecs yesterday, Windows Media Player now only plays audio with no visual when I'm trying to play files (avi or other types). Are there any codecs I should have or solutions you would suggest?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not know - I never use Windows Media Player.

Try asking in the Microsoft WMP forum, or try a different player like VLC Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problems. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines