• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Not Working Properly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following problem applies to both I.E. and Firefox.  Also, I am updated to the latest version of Flash: 11.4.402.278.  Keep in mind that I have tried everything that I could find concerning this problem.  Also, I am using Windows XP SP3 32bit.

I used to be able to watch video from any website that had videos to watch but recently I was not able to watch any, not even on YouTube.  However, after uninstalling and reinstalling Flash I can now watch a few of the YouTube videos and nothing from any other web site.  On YouTube, sometimes it works better if I disable Flash. However, when a note appears saying I need Flash, and I Re-enable Flash, it still won’t work.  No notice saying anything, it simply will not play the video.

Also, if you are familiar with NetFlix, on their web site, when you hold your mouse pointer over a video title a popup is supposed to appear telling you about the video.  That stopped working too.  It's all screwed up and I don't know what happened.

Also, when I finish reinstalling Flash (which I have done a few times lately (after uninstalling and carefully following the instructions in the Uninstall Video)) and I am automatically taken to the Adobe page which tells me I have successfully installed Flash, I never get the little animation.  It says Flash is properly installed but I never get the animation to show it is properly installed. 

Also, on other sites that have test animation to show that Flash is installed and working, their animations never appear either.  The problem is also evident when trying to use the websites that test my internet speed. I no longer get the applet or interface on the upload and download test sites.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

I found the problem was my Total Defense Internet Security Suite, (formerly Computer Associates Internet Security Suite)

After total removal of that program, Flash works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use I.E. and only mentioned it so the reader would see that the

problem was the same for both I.E. and Firefox.

Never the less I tried both suggestions and neither helped.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

I do not use I.E. and only mentioned it so the reader would see that the problem was the same for both I.E. and Firefox.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

I do not use I.E. and only mentioned it so the reader would see that the problem was the same for both I.E. and Firefox.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what is causing this...

Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

If not, can you tell me what files you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Also, can you post the contents of file FlashInstall.log in that same folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat

No, there is no animation but Adobe says it is installed.

As stated on my original post, I have uninstalled and reinstalled more than once.  Each time Adobe says I have successfully installed Flash but there is never an animation on either the Adobe site or any other site.

Sometimes when attempting to watch a YouTube Video, like the Scorpions performing Drive by the Cars (awesome acoustical version) it will not play unless I disable Flash.  Then trying to play a different video it says I need flash so I re-enable flash and it doesn't work.  In case you are wondering, the video that says I need flash did not work before I disabled flash and it did not work after re-enabling flash.

Before writing this reply I completely uninstalled flash following the instructions on Adobe site and then reinstalled flash and it's the same as usual.  Adobe says it's installed but no animation and still have the same problems with web videos.

This all started a couple weeks ago. Before that I had not problem.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat

No, there is no animation.

As stated on my original post, I have uninstalled and reinstalled more than

once. Each time Adobe says I have successfully installed Flash but there

is never an animation on either the Adobe site or anyother site.

Sometimes when attempting to watch a YouTube Video, like the Scorpions

performing Drive by the Cars (awesome acoustical version) it will not play

unless I disable Flash. Then trying to play a different video it says I

need flash so I re-enable flash and it doesn't work. In case you are

wondering, the video that says I need flash did not work before I disabled

flash and it did not work after re-enabling flash.

Before writing this reply I completely uninstalled flash following the

instructions on Adobe site and then reinstalled flash and it's the same as

usual. Adobe says it's installed but no animation and still have the same

problems with web videos.

This all started a couple weeks ago. Before that I had not problem.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem was my Total Defense Internet Security Suite, (formerly Computer Associates Internet Security Suite)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat

I found the problem was my Total Defense Internet Security Suite, (formerly

Computer Associates Internet Security Suite)

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines