• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does adobe digital edition support kobo arc?

Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I plug my arc in nothing comes up in adobe digital editions that indicates it's been detected. I've tried plugging it in then starting ADE, the arc comes up under my computer and I can open files in it and stuff but doesn't get detected. What I'm trying to do is put some books from my dad's kobo vox onto mine, ADE recognizes his and I've downloaded his books but I'm having a real problem getting them onto mine. In a youtube video I see that on the main screen you can just drag them onto your kobo but it's not appearing for me. Have tried reinstalling ADE as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... This forum is to discuss the forums, not products

You need to ask your question in the forum for the Adobe product you are using

How to Select a Forum http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[topic moved to ADE forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm giving the same advice a few times on different threads, so I hope it's right.

Digital Editions recognizes most dedicated eBook readers (as in the list) directly so they show up in ADE,

but does not recognize tablets that have eBook capabilities.

This includes android tablets (probably including KoboArc), and ios tablets such as iPad.

If you have a tablet, you need to install an eBook reading app on it: I suggest Bluefire.

Make sure Bluefire app is registered to the same AdobeID as your ADE.

You can then copy epub files from your PC/Mac using a file manager and read them using Bluefire.

(Apple makes it more difficult, you need iTunes, Dropbox or similar to copy).

If the books are not DRM, there is no need to use ADE at all;

either download them direct to the tablet and read on Bluefire, or download to the PC/Mac and copy.

For DRM library books you will find an Overdrive app that allows books to be checked out, downloaded and read directly on an android/ios device.

There are also dedicated apps from various vendors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines