Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open an acsm file

Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to open an acsm file using Adobe Digital Editions 2.0, but all I get is a message saying Unable to download  Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN. I have had this problem once before, but after leaving it a little while I tried again and it worked, but this time I have been trying for 2 days now. I have paid for this book and it is part of a series I am reading, so really want to read it and really don't want it to have been a waste of money either. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if the following suggestion from http://forums.adobe.com/message/4942307  helps:

3. jarek_bolo, Nov 8, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to Derek Leng Report

@Derek your tips solved the problem. When I opend .acsm files with WordPad I saw that there are lots of text lines which weren't XML. Ereased everything before and after <fullfillmentToken...> opening and respectivly closing tags and everything works like it shoudl.e

I will inform my content provider that .acsm files downloaded from them are polluted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines