Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot get shockwave player to download

Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get shockwave player to download and nothing I have tried seems to help. I think my computer is missing something but I have no idea what, HELP please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

I now think the problem is IE. None of the Adobe programs I have want to work in it but they do work in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

What exactly means "cannot"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now think the problem is IE. None of the Adobe programs I have want to work in it but they do work in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7, sorry I forgot to include that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try enabling the Shockwave Add-in in the Internet Explorer Settings . If it doesn't please try Resetting the Browser Settings to default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just going to have to find someone who knows what they are doing. I'm not that computer knowledgable and can't find where to do either of the things you mentioned.
Thank you for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have IE 9 then you can click on settings and Manage add-ons. Check whether Shokwave is listed over there or not. If it is then please select and click enable at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the problem is something else that is not letting shockwave work, I will just use Firefox until I get someone who knows computers to look at it. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unclear: is it Shockwave Player your have problems with, or Shockwave Flash (Flash Player).

Where exactly do you get the problem?  Please provide a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the Flash Player. I thought it was Shockwave but I do have it enabled and Flash Player doesn't show up any where. If it's not one thing it's another and I am ready to give up. Getting too old for this crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This took care of most of the problem but not all of it. I must have marked the active x filtering trying to fix the original problem. It is relatively minor so I will just deal with it, thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines