• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While trying to install flash player, the software communicate in Russian -- I don't speak this language and need to correct problem. Help!

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to install flash player, the software communicate in Russian -- I don't speak this language and need to correct problem.   How do I correct the language issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Hello,

I've only been able to reproduce the behaviour when I set the Region to Russian.  If both Language and Region are set to English/United States, the behaviour does not reproduce.  Did you by chance, perhaps by accident, change the Region to Russian at some point and then change it back? Have you rebooted your system since then?

I'll forward this to the folks who handle the online installer and see if they can reproduce it.

In the mean time, can you check to see if the offline, full, installer

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what you see: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have inserted 2 screen shots.  I thought I had corrected the problem by telling adobe that I lived in US and spoke English, but apparently not yet.  Thanks for help!

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 9.32.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The installer uses language and region settings to display the language.  Can you post screenshots of the Language and Region settings of your machine (System Preferences > Language and Text, then Language tab, and then the Region tab).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here goes.  Thanks for considering problem.Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 10.01.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabre,

Which OS X version do you have?  You're screenshot is different from mine.  On mine (10.8.5) the installer displayed in Russian when I had the Region selected to Russian, but I see in yours you have it, and the Preferred Language, set to English, so it should display in English.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping the error was in the version I was using --- 10.9.2 so I updated to 10.9.4.  I just reinstalled flash player and still have the same result!  Here is a screen shot:

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 12.46.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've only been able to reproduce the behaviour when I set the Region to Russian.  If both Language and Region are set to English/United States, the behaviour does not reproduce.  Did you by chance, perhaps by accident, change the Region to Russian at some point and then change it back? Have you rebooted your system since then?

I'll forward this to the folks who handle the online installer and see if they can reproduce it.

In the mean time, can you check to see if the offline, full, installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page exhibit this same behaviour?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I have rebooted my computer many times since this problem started.  And no, I didn't modify the language.  Your last idea, the offline, full, installer worked, and spoke to me in English.

I was in Sochi, Russia in March 2013 for Long track Single Distance Championships (my son is a skater) and again for 3 weeks for the Olympic Games.  In 2013 I used my iPad and iphone

to talk to the Russians, and I definitely used my computer in 2014, but not for translations.  I did set the clock to Russian time but only for the time in Russia.

Thanks for the help, and I will try to keep that offline installer in mind in the future.

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for responding.  I assumed the answers to the questions, but when troubleshooting, it's best to ask and confirm instead of assuming, and thank you for the additional information. I'm wondering if something got cached when you changed the clock setting and it's interfering.   I don't have access to my OS X 10.9 system today, or for the next few days, and the Language/Region preferences information displays different from 10.8, which I currently have access to, however, I'll continue to investigate.

Thanks again.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria,

I really appreciate you taking this issue really seriously as I would like to just follow instructions and update the flash player when a new version comes available without having to dig deeper to figure out what the screen is trying to say to me. 

I am thinking the same thing -- something happened to my computer while traveling.

Thanks again.

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines