• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7 internet security will not allow the installation of Flash Player 17 Update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 internet security will not allow the installation of the Flash Player 17 update.  I have tried the direct install using the IE_AX update without success.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

The procedures in the last link allowed the Flash Player update to be downloaded and installed.

It's unfortunate that Windows IE views Adobe as an Untrusted Site and requires a user to temporary disable the security settings for the update to proceed.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the installation returning an error, if so, please post a screenshot of the error (How to post a screenshot in the forum).

Please provide the FlashInstall.log file located at :\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash using the instructions here How to share a document.  If this is a 64-bit system also provide the FlashInstall.log file from \C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash (both are required from a 64-bit OS).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Message.jpg

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

This is the information you requested; thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot.  It's very helpful. Essentially, this is an issue with the internet security settings on your machine (Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Security), and not a Flash Player issue.  I Googled "internet security settings prevented one or more files from opening' and it returned numerous hits.  I'm posting a few for you, however, I'm not endorsing any of them.  I recommend you search your self and select one you feel comfortable with.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The procedures in the last link allowed the Flash Player update to be downloaded and installed.

It's unfortunate that Windows IE views Adobe as an Untrusted Site and requires a user to temporary disable the security settings for the update to proceed.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines