• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player tests out as installed and working OK on my Windows XP Home 32-bit computer (Foxfire browser). When I click on a video to watch it, the website delivers the message, "Insufficient Flash Player Requirements." Help!

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player tests out as working fine on my Windows XP Home 32-bit computer.  But when I click on a website to watch a video or listen to an audio, the message appears, "Insufficient Flash Player Requirements in both Firefox and Chrome.  Flash Player is enabled in my Firefox, I have disabled hardware acceleration, and I have reviewed the MB allotted to each website.  What do you recommend to solve this issue?

rolands43085049

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Okay, I had to re-read the thread, but you're good on Chrome, so this sounds like just a Firefox thing at this point.  We've eliminated plug-ins from the equation, so now we're just left with the ugly possibilities. 

My guess is that something is screwy with the filesystem or the Windows registry and while our installer is successful, it's not getting registered with Firefox as a valid plug-in.

Here's what I'd do:

If you have anything important on the machine, make sure you have a current working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue seems to be from the content provider, not Flash Player.  This could mean that the content requires a specific version of Flash Player and you don't have that version, although, I've not seen this message before for this scenario, or it could mean something else, but again, the message is from the content provider.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

See attached. Somebody has sensitive feelings, don't they?

David

Today at 4:22 PM Hello,You have received this email because the content you posted below has been rejected by our moderators.

Re: Flash Player tests out as installed and working OK on my Windows XP Home 32-bit computer (Foxfire browser).  When I click on a video to watch it, the website delivers the message, "Insufficient Flash Player Requirements."  Help!

posted 23-Mar-2015 21:03The entire shot of the page didn't show, but this is the body of the message.  The URL is www.espn.go.com/watchespn/index.  I accessed it through my  Firefox 36.0.4 browser (Mozilla Firefox Yahoo edition yahoo-1.32).  It is really tough not being able to watch various basketball games during March Madness!  Flash Player used to play videos for months/years; all of a sudden recently it stopped...nothing major changed on my computer, so don't know why it went north, as they say.  Thanks for your interest and help on this problem!

Insufficient Flash Player Requirements

Click below to download the latest version of Flash close    

- ESPN.COM

- TV Schedule

-  Sign In or Register

Watch ESPN

- HOME

- FAQs

- WHAT IS WATCHESPN?

- APPS

- FEEDBACK

- REMOTE ACCESS

- WATCH NOW »

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roland

Based on the info provided, ESPN.com requires a newer version of Flash Player to view the content, and it seems that according to their Flash detection scripts the version you have is not sufficient.  This analysis is based solely on the info provided as I don't have access to their detection scripts, nor do I know which Flash version they require.  Please verify which version you have installed by going to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html, click the 'Check Now' button and post a screenshot of the results (How to post a screenshot in the forum).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I posted the info below on the Community Board, but thought I would send it to you in the interest of time.  Sorry, my Paint It does not work and I can't find a download on Microsoft for it separate from the operating system (they don't support XP any more, as you know).  Anyway, I have to do a Copy and Paste to post anything. 

Thanks,

David

1. Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION Your Flash Version 17.0.0.134 Your browser name Firefox Your Operating System (OS) Windows (XP)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the correct version of Flash Player installed.

Are you running any ad-blocking or anti-tracking plug-ins like AdBlock Pro that might interfere with JavaScript on the page that invokes Flash?

Do you experience the same problem in other browsers, like Google Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie,

Thanks for your message.  I did have Adblock Plus 2.6.8 installed.  I disabled it in my Add-Ons, then tried the ESPN site again (both before and after closing and re-starting Firefox); however, the same Insufficient Flash Player Requirements screen still popped up.

I noticed that I also have an Advertising Cookie Opt-Out 1.5 set as a Default Add-On; should that be disabled, also?

To verify that the same error was still appearing in Chrome as well, I pulled that browser up and clicked on the same ESPN website.  I got a message asking me what internet service I am on (to verify I have authority to watch it) and after telling it I have AT&T U-Verse, it authorized me, but then a message appeared that said there was a pop-up blocker interfering with the video, but gave me an opportunity to Try Again:  when I clicked on it, the video came up and is now playing!

Thinking I had found the cause of the problem, I checked all over for an app or extension showing me what pop-blocker I might have in Firefox.  I found none, but I went into Options under Tools and found where a window was checked beside Block Pop-Ups.  So I unclicked it, and tried the ESPN site again; unfortunately, the same Insufficient screen appeared.  So, I am closer to the solution on Firefox, but not quite there yet.  Other ideas?

I appreciate your help.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'd just disable all the other plug-ins and extensions. In Firefox under help you can choose restart with add-ons disabled or restart in safe mode, which should do it. If that works, you can go to about:plugins in the address bar and just disable everything but Flash and start adding stuff one at a time until it stops working. It's probably something like an ad blocker or privacy thing. Some more obscure security / software firewall stuff has been problematic over the years as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie,

Thanks for your assistance.  Sorry to take so long to report on things, but wanted to try out what you suggested and hopefully resolve the issue.

After disabling all my Add-Ons (Safe Mode), the Insufficient Message still appeared when attempting to view live streaming on the website in question.  Incidentally, I got a similar message on a completely different siteScout's Inside Tennessee websitewhere a message said, "html5:  Unsupported video format.  Try installing Adobe Flash."  I could provide you the link, but without a paid subscription to the service, you wouldn't be able to pull it up.

I then individually disabled all my plug-ins (except Flash) by making them Never Activate.  Unbelievably, the Insufficient message continued to display.  One question:  must one close Foxfire each time he disables something or does it respond immediately to the actions on the Add-On and Plug-In pages?  I did not do that, but each time I tested something I first did hit the Refresh button; each time, the Insufficient message immediately appeared even before an index or anything else appeared.

This mystifies me; it's almost like when a person's hand gets cut off, and he can still feel a "phantom" limb.  I had hoped to be able to close this case, but...do you have any other possibilities?

Regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I had to re-read the thread, but you're good on Chrome, so this sounds like just a Firefox thing at this point.  We've eliminated plug-ins from the equation, so now we're just left with the ugly possibilities. 

My guess is that something is screwy with the filesystem or the Windows registry and while our installer is successful, it's not getting registered with Firefox as a valid plug-in.

Here's what I'd do:

If you have anything important on the machine, make sure you have a current working backup before starting.

Make sure that the filesystem is in a good state:

How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP

Delete any installers that you might have in your downloads folder or desktop.

Uninstall both Flash Player and Firefox

Uninstalling Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Reboot

Download and install a fresh copy of Firefox from here:

Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla

Download and install Flash Player for Firefox and other NPAPI browsers:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Hopefully that gets you going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeromie,

Thanks for the ideas.  Not sure if I am courageous enough to uninstall Firefox with all of its components, although that probably is a wise suggestion.  I do have Chrome available to play video (just checked it again), so I may approach the other ideas slowly, as time permits.

I do want to thank you very much for your patience and interest in this matter.  I will go on the Community Board and close the Question out as answered.  You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Gratefully yours,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Firefox

Your Operating System (OS)

Windows (XP)

I think this is the latest versioin of flash player, is it not?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines