• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can not install on XP

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to install flash,  I can download and then it tells me that it can not install.  I have followed each step to resolving this but nothing works.  It does the same thing each time.  I tried on internet explorer and Mozilla.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Adobe link below. Go to the bottom of the page, where it says, "Still having problems?".

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paula42388289

Can you please explain how you are downloading Flash Player [Steps you are performing]? Also, Can you attach a screenshot of the error/Issue [How to post a screenshot in the forum‌]?

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go to Adobe Flash Player click install now,  It downloads the file, I then double click the file and it starts, I then hit save file and the go to my downloads and double click on the file.  I click run and the the button to allow Adobe to update when needed. the installation begins and then downloads, then gives me the warning below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi paula42388289,

Can you please perform the same steps again which led to the above Issue, but before that perform the following steps:

1. Perform a speed test on your internet connection.  There are a myriad of sites that do this, for example, www.speedtest.net, www.speakeasy.net/speedtest, www.dslreports.com/speedtest, and your internet provider may also have a page in their support/help section to do a speedtest.
  2. On Windows Run type %TEMP%. Create an empty text file in your %TEMP% directory named ADM.trace
    • On Windows XP the TEMP directory is usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\Your_User_Name\Local Settings\Temp
    • On Vista and above the TEMP directory is usually located at C:\Users\Your_User_Name\Temp
  3. Run the online installer again and wait for the error.  After getting the error, close
  4. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Adobe_ADMLogs directory inside the TEMP directory
  5. Upload the two log files (Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) using the instructions posted here [https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1408375 ]

Once this is Done can you also goto-->run type -->%windir%\system32\Macromed\Flash and attach the FlashInstall.log file

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines