• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest installer refered to as "17au ta" crashes with a bus error.

May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, the latest Flash installer immediately crashes with a bus error when I try to launch it. I don't know how to resolve this apart from waiting for the automatic update, and see if that fixes the issue. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or how to report the bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Thanks, I tried the suggested offline installer from your link which worked and shows up as 17.0.0.188 in system preferences.

I got the installer on this machine with 10.6, but I never downloaded this manually from Adobe. An Adobe pop-up apeared when I was using the browser to view some flash content (TV network), telling me that a new version was available. I have set up the Flash preferences to allow automatic updates, but it somehow always seems to suggest me to do it through this pop-up windo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1a2b3cboo,

What is the operating system this is happening on?

If possible, please post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum)

Thank you.

--

Maria

P.S.  I deleted your duplicate post at Latest installer (refered to as "17au ta") crashes with a bus error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is happening on OS X 10.6.8. I don't think a screen shot will help because it crashes immediatelly when I double click the installer app, which results in a crash report. (snippet from crash report)

Process:     Install Adobe Flash Player [393]

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1a2b3cboo,

Thank you for the additional information.  To troubleshoot further, I'd like to get some log files from you.

• The FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file located in ~/Library/Logs
  • Both log files located in ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs folder
  • The Flash Player crash log file located in the ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Please upload all files using the instructions here How to share a document

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did not find a Adobe_ADMLogs folder but the others are uploaded here: Delade filer - Acrobat.com

P.S I redacted older entries in the install log prior to this date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1a2b3cboo,

What is the entire file name of the installer file you are using?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The disk image is called: AdobeFlashPlayer_17au_ta_install.dmg

Mounting it and checking the info (cmd - i) on the installer itself shows a version number which is: 1.0.0.14s

BTW, I also tried a SHA 1 checksum of the diskimage which was: 1b1f54ab3c700f240c51d2ad2aeeda6b0a79d5e5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1a2b3cboo,

Please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Per the folks who handle the online installer it is not compatible with OS X 10.6.  The download pages performs browser/os detection to determine which installer to offer.  On a 10.6 system it should have downloaded the offline installer, instead of the online installer.  As such I'd like to get some more info from you on this. Did you download this file using the 10.6 machine, or some other system?  Did you download it from adobe.com or some other location?  What is the exact URL for the page you downloaded this installer from?

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried the suggested offline installer from your link which worked and shows up as 17.0.0.188 in system preferences.

I got the installer on this machine with 10.6, but I never downloaded this manually from Adobe. An Adobe pop-up apeared when I was using the browser to view some flash content (TV network), telling me that a new version was available. I have set up the Flash preferences to allow automatic updates, but it somehow always seems to suggest me to do it through this pop-up window instead.

I seem to remember that the automatic update is delayed a few days, so I usually go for the install button on the pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1a2b3cboo,

Thank you for the additional information.  I have forwarded to the folks who handle the online installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem (Mac OS X 10.6.8), for maybe a month I can't update Adobe Flash Player. I found this thread by searching: "install adobe flash player" "crash report"

The crash report says on top:

Process:     Install Adobe Flash Player [317]
Path:        /Volumes/Adobe Flash Player Installer/Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install Adobe Flash Player
Identifier:  com.adobe.InstallAdobeFlashPlayer
Version:     1.0.0.14s (1.0.0.14s)
Code Type:   X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [115]

Date/Time:   2015-05-20 19:23:54.287 -0400
OS Version:  Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:      369604 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:       4

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   3

Anonymous UUID:                  2A776D65-ECEA-4634-902E-534C1BB77954

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Hope I can update Flash soon... ~Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ian,

Based on the crash log report, this is the online installer, which isn't supported on OS X 10.6, and the download page is supposed to offer up the offline installer, not the online installer.  Did you download the installer file recently, or some time ago?  If it wasn't recently I'd appreciate it if you would do the following:  Clear the browser cache and download the installer again from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  If the name of the file is similar to AdobeFlashPlayer_17_ta_install.dmg (it could be a variation of this, but it would start with 'AdobeFlashPlayer_17) and is less than 1MB in size, it's the online installer.  If the name of the file is  install_flash_player_osx.dmg and is about 15MB in size then it's the offline installer and it should install fine.  Please confirm which file you're getting.

If get.adobe.com/flashplayer is still downloading the online installer for you, the offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac  page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines