• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Connection Failed" when installing/updating ANY Adobe program (that I've tried so far)

New Here ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to install/update Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader, I can download the .exe file, but then when I try to run it, I get a 'connection failed' error and it opens up the download page again. I'm running Windows 8.1 and using Firefox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Installing Flash Player.

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WailanaC,

I can assist with the Flash Player installation issue.  For Reader, please post to theAcrobat Reader forums, however, since both Flash Player and Reader use a similar Download Manager if the issue is related to the Download Manager the solution for one may resolve the other.

Do you have a proxy server, if so, what is the configuration?

How is your internet connection speed?  The online installer (download manager) downloads and installs Flash Player (or Reader) silently in the background.  If the network connection is too slow it may be timing out and not completing the download.  There are numerous websites you can use to run a speed test (e.g. http://www.speedtest.net/‌, http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/‌)

To troubleshoot further, I'll need to get some log files for the Flash Player installation.  Please do the following:

1. Download the Flash Player online installer
  2. Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to the TEMP directory, usually located at \Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp
  3. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace
    • please be sure the file doesn't have any other extension such as .txt, the file extension is .trace
  4. Run the online installer again
  5. When the connection error returns obtain the two log files saved at \Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs and upload them using the instructions How to share a document
  6. Post the URL to the uploaded file location in your response.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe I have a proxy server, but I do admit that I'm not entirely sure what that is.

My internet speed can vary, but when I tried installing it the last three or four times it was working at normal speed. I would open the installer, click allow, and then it would immediately show me the connection failed window without any sort of loading screen. This is the result of one of the speed tests, if that helps at all. Sometimes the internet here (I'm at college) is finicky and wavers between limited and nonexistent, but again, it is usually dependable and functioning at normal speed.

I followed the steps, but I do not see the Adobe_ADMLogs folder in the Temp directory. I have two, one at C:\Temp and one at C:\Windows\Temp. I tried the steps using both, but I still cannot locate the logs. There is an AdobeARM.log file in the second Temp location, but it was last edited on 5/14, so I don't believe it came from my troubleshooting attempts today.

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WailanaC,

The AdobeARM.log file is for other Adobe products.

Can you please post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the installer dialog window with the 'connection failed' error?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines