• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download flash, already uninstalled, ideas?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows internet explorer. It downloads to 99% and then say's it can't download and shuts down internet explorer. I have been thru most of this forum. I have now uninstalled flash and when I went to see if plug in was enabled it's not thr, so I think it's b/c I don't have a plug in that's why wont download.

p.s. it took way too much effort to contact you guys. have to sing up for this and have no number I can call or email or even write on the forum without all this other crap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the links at the bottom of this ( Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows ) page for the actual install files. Close all browsers/reboot and install. If you go to control panel and go to uninstall a program and see if the flash player in question is there. IF if is then it is installed correctly and the problem then could be within your browser. IF its IE, you could try resetting it.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried the install files on theat page, and doesn't work. And it really is uninstalled, not there. how would u add a plug in for flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about some more information, you say it does not work, but what error messages do you get, have you confirmed that flash player is installed under add/remove programs. We need more to work with other than it does not work. Those files on that page work, try re-starting your PC and DO NOT open a browser and try to install them.

Operating system version?

Web browser and version ?   

Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible

If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7 and lastest IE. I said it downloads 99% then stops and error message says can't download. Then another message says IE stopped responding and will close. and it closes. that's it. flasher player hasn't been installed I have checked several times. I'm going to try re starting and no open browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like an IE problem. Try resetting IE, use those links above for the activeX version download it, but do not install, reboot, then install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you think it could be that I have no add on for Adobe? When I click on the files above page it says add on can't run correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind, it has to do with my IE..i just reset it and tried to download something else and it wont download anything now..=/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the latest which is V11, you can try re-installing IE, which the directions are here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/install-ie#ie=ie-11-win-7

But first download the latest IE 11 here:

Download Internet Explorer 11 (Offline installer) - Internet Explorer

A rather extreme process, but I have found that if there are IE problems that are extremely hard to track down, and you are spending hours on them, its way easier to re-install it , and if that does not work, then its OS related and in cooperate we just image the machine b/c of time sake; i understand that might not be a choice for most home users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines