Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer failed to initialize InDesign CS5.5

Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lab of computers that need InDesign re-installed.  They were properly deactivated prior to the workstations being reformatted.  Upon running the installation I get an Installer failed to initialize.  I have tried this from 3 machines, and have followed all forum suggestions I could find.  UAC is disabled, non essential startup services, and essentially all startup programs have been disabled.  This is a fresh installed workstation with about 4-5 applications installed is all... I need help, pretty sad you guys just push everyone to Forum support instead of phones, or even chat support,  especially considering the pricing of your products.  If I can get assistance ASAP that would be great...  Win7 Enterprise 64-Bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Restart the computer once ,

Click on below link and download and install Adobe application manager :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once you had installed Adobe Application Manager , it will create shortcut on desktop .

It will start update process and gets updated to Creative Cloud app . No need to sign in.

Once it is launched Quit it.

Launch Task Manager and if present end all processes like Creative Cloud , CoreSync. AAMUpdater...etc

Then try t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

This link might help: Error: "Installer failed to initialize" | Windows

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no such software installed on the computer to reinstall.  Additionally there is no logs under Common Files directory, there is not even an Adobe folder listed (either in Program Files or Program Files x86..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly as I mentioned in my first post I have already referred to mannnnnnnnny other forum posts including the one you just linked.  I have no Adobe folder under Common Files so I cannot rename that as suggested in one comment, nor can I pull/post log files as suggested in another, UAC is disabled without a resolution also.  So all of the resolutions suggested on that forum post did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart the computer once ,

Click on below link and download and install Adobe application manager :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once you had installed Adobe Application Manager , it will create shortcut on desktop .

It will start update process and gets updated to Creative Cloud app . No need to sign in.

Once it is launched Quit it.

Launch Task Manager and if present end all processes like Creative Cloud , CoreSync. AAMUpdater...etc

Then try to install CS 5.5 again and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny to me the Adobe employees just refer to forum posts regardless of me stating I already tried that, and the non employee not only resolves my problem but composes a well described process.  Thank you very much Brucgovn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. 

You are always most welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines