• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSL Connection error when downloading

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently un-installed FlashPlayer and now want to re-install it.  Every time I click on the Download button I get msg SSL Connection Error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Are you using a proxy server?

This is most likely the online installer that you are using, as it is a shim installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  The screenshot would confirm this.  I'd like to get get log files for the online installer to give to the online installer team to troubleshoot this further.  In addition to the screenshot of the error, please do the following:

1. In Windows Explorer, go to your TEMP directory, usually C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\L

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EstacadaMom

What OS, including version?

Also, please post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the error.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 OS, Version 64-bit

What do you want the screenshot of?

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a proxy server?

This is most likely the online installer that you are using, as it is a shim installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  The screenshot would confirm this.  I'd like to get get log files for the online installer to give to the online installer team to troubleshoot this further.  In addition to the screenshot of the error, please do the following:

1. In Windows Explorer, go to your TEMP directory, usually C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\ unless it's been changed
  2. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace.  The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
    1. To create the empty text file, navigate to the %temp% directory, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
    2. Rename the new file to ADM.trace
  3. Download the online installer again from get.adobe.com/flashplayer and run it until it returns the error.  Exit out of the installer
  4. In Windows Explorer go to your TEMP directory and navigate to the Adobe_ADMLogs sub-directory (C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs)
  5. Upload the two files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, using the instructions How to share a document
  6. Post the URL to the uploaded files in your reply.

You should be able to install using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows‌ page in the 'Still having problems' section.  Please do provide the log files as this will help troubleshoot the error.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I have resolved the issue during a session with my IT person because he was addressing other issues I'm having with my computer.  I have Flash Player now successfully installed.  I appreciate your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines