• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your thoughts on the Adobe Animate CC announcement?

Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious as to what the community here thinks about the announcement to rebrand Flash as Animate CC. If you missed it, here you go: Welcome Adobe Animate CC, a new era for Flash Professional | Adobe Flash Professional Team Blog

Do you think this is good? Bad? More of the same? Do you think this means Adobe is going to put more energy into Flash? Or is this just another way for them to push it further into the background?

I'd love to hope that this means new and wonderful things. But it's kind of hard to hope for that given the past few years. Thoughts?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as renaming is concerned, it's stupid, the rest of the world was wrong. But, it does imply that Adobe has commitment to the program, so that's a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would have been nice to have had this in the Flash Road Map update.

What impact does this have on AIR?  Is the commitment waning?  I think we need some sort of reassurance here from Adobe.  Is there any sort of announcement planned for developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As adobe says: Animate CC will continue supporting Flash (SWF) and AIR formats as first-class citizens. So I think there is nothing to worry about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. Exactly. Did they put that in there because they mean it?  Or just so that the Air dev community wouldn't freak out and bail?

This was a really helpful article on the subject : Adobe Animate CC: The Evolution of Flash Professional | In Flagrante Delicto!  It's pretty in-depth.  It's actually the announcement I would have liked to see from Adobe. But whatever. If they double down on Air and really get serious about the canvas/webgl export (for interactivity, not just animation), then I don't care if they make empty branding announcements to placate the flash haters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Here's a post I made earlier today on this topic.  I'm honestly very happy with the announcement(s) (though I feel for the Edge Animate customers, I know Animate CC will continue to innovate and produce a top notch tool.)

Re: future of Flash Player

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been using Flash for years to create interactive training pieces that are 508 (accessible) compliant.  We need to make the jump from SWF output sooner than later but worried that this new version of Flash will only output to Canvas which does not allow for this type of work.  Edge Animate's output however to HTML 5 seemed to be pretty close.  Does anyone know since they are basically meshing the two if Flash will offer HTML 5 as an output option also?  Their "Welcome to Animate CC" page didn't say anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As they said,Flash has been always better than html5 in the fields of Games and premium video play.Will that also be the Flash's future?Or is it just the fact,and some years later maybe html5,or html6 will be better than Flash?

New web standard is good stuff,but also has its disadvantage.Just like the history of html4,each browser factory(Google,Microsoft...) will develop their own new idea to improve their browser.These kind of new idea will cause bad Compatibility.Buf for Flash,Adobe can give us developers a uniform platform.And also they have more applications so Flash can discover more great ideas.I think this pattern is great.But I am worried about the Adobe's business,how do they make profit of this kind of plugin.How do the browser factory make profit?

So for me,as a as3 developer,I really hope Flash(Actionscript) will always take the lead in Game field.

Suddenly,I got an idea.Why NOT Adobe Flash/Air Team develop a 3D Game Engine?Haha! Like Unity3D,Unreal Engine.They give up Flash,but we developers do not like c++ or c#(with secret code source).Why not Adobe buyes away3d or Flare3d or just start from scratch.You give us a 3d game engine (better if open source),prepare everything for us game developers to make money, such as things like advertisement.We just develop games and give them to adobe,then adobe make money and give back 70% for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines