New Here ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.11.1

Safari Version 9.0.1

No Flash Player installed

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I am trying to download FP but over 6 months,  its been impossible...the installation makes it to 90-99%, then it fails…I have attached the required information…can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong…at one time it worked till sometime after an yosemite (10.9) update…it continued to not work after upgrading to el capitan.

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 19.46.45.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ahabba,

I'll need to get some install log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide all 4 files (install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log).  Upload the files to cloud.adobe.com using the instructions How to share a document or a file sharing service of your choice.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria;

I hope the attached are accessible.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Installation is failing due to the following error:

installer: Certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allowUntrusted to override.

This error is being returned by Apple's installer utility, not Flash Player.  Flash Player installer file is correctly signed, however, the OS thinks it's not.  There are a number of reasons that cause this (could be missing root certificate, permissions issue, or some other reason).  You can view the following posts on from other users with the same issue and see if one of these solutions resolves your issue, or contact Apple for assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the date and time on your computer correct?  If not, that may explain the digital signing failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the first I checked...I tried to follow the instructions provided by Maria but nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went over each discussion she added in her last post but they were confusing (or maybe I was too excited thinking I finally had a solution)...in the end I still am not able to install flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hiahabba,

The links I posted previously were resources that may, or may not, solve the issue for your.  What works for someone may not work for someone else.  You can try performing an internet search for the string "installer: Certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allowUntrusted to override." as that is the error causing the failure.  Again, this is coming from the installer utility, which is an OS system program to unpackage and install programs.  It's not a Flash Player error.  If you're not able to find a solution, I recommend contacting Apple support, or going to an Apple store for assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines